Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Help an EG'er with some suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help an EG'er with some suspension questions

Ok I thought this would be a good place to post these questions. I have a set of H&R coilovers and an ES hyperflex kit sitting in my closet waiting to go on the civic. My H&R coilovers look exactly like this picture:

notice the top hat is missing.

Now I have read that when you do the poly bushing kits on a street car its wise to use the upper shock bushings from an ITR or NSX instead of the poly bushings.
Here is a link for the rear shocks

Here is a link for the front shocks

My question is could someone please point out exactly what I would need to order with the bushings? Could I order basicly the whole top hat so when I install my H&R coilovers they are already complete and just bolt in? Or would it make more sense just to order the individual bushings I need? In an effort to awnser my own question I believe these are all the parts I would need to change my civic tophats over to ITR tophats. BTW: I dont want pillow ball mounts.

On the rear it looks like I would need to order number 2(x4), number 17(x4) and number 12 (x2).

And in the front it looks like I need to order number 7(x4), number 8(x4). and number 11(x2).

Can someone please check my work and let me know if I am correct.
Thank you
-Globl
Old 05-01-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help an EG'er with some suspension questions (globlctzn)

it looks like I just need to order number 2(x4) for the rear and number 8(x4) for the front. somebody in the know please confirm. Thanks
Old 05-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Help an EG'er with some suspension questions (globlctzn)

Just buy the top hats. Used would be the best bet, there's almost always ITR top hats floating around from those pillowball TEIN/etc folks.

Or... buy the top hat from Acura and the little washers and stuff, that way you don't have to decompress your stock set-up to pillage parts from it.

FWIW, I have ITR top hats... and uh.. They work well, I guess? (I've always had them since I got my car 3 years ago)