Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help! clutch pedal's coming loose. Weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help! clutch pedal's coming loose. Weird problem

So I have a very odd problem it seams. It's a dc2 integra but the clutch pedal assembly is the same as a civic so I decided to post here to get your guys oppinion too. For awhile now my clutch has been engaging lower and lower and I have almost no free play in the clutch engagement. So I decided to bleed and rebleed the clutch, that didn't seam to help. Well today it got so bad to where I really can't get it into gear at all now. the problem I've found is that the actual clutch pedal is loose, the 2 bolts are tight, but it wiggles around as if it wasn't. I'm not sure what the clutch pedal mounts to, but whatever it mounts to is coming loose it seams. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem or has any good advice? Thanks,
-Jason
Old 12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

it bolts to the master cylinder, the firewall is sandwiched in between. Its pretty common for the pedal to have some side to side play if the car has high mileage, have you checked to see if the master/slave cylinder is leaking? or the clutch line?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have no fluid leaks then your pressure plate is probably taking a crap on you.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by IhateworkingoncaRs
If you have no fluid leaks then your pressure plate is probably taking a crap on you.
I'm trying to say that it's a problem WITH THE PEDAL. The pedal has slop and when I push the pedal down, the actual pedal assembly moves down with the pedal, making it so it doesn't push on the clutch master cylinder all the way. So is this a problem with the clutch pedal bracket? Thanks for the help so far.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant remember for sure, but I think there is a pin that goes through the pedal near the top of the assembly inside the car, that pin popping out might be causing this. The pin goes through the pedal and is secured with a cotter pin going through it on one side.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I know what you're talking about, the pin that connects the master cylinder to the clutch pedal, but that's not the problem. The problem is the clutch pedal/clutch pedal bracket moves up and down and side to side, so when I push the clutch pedal, it pushes it down and not IN so it's not pushing the clutch master cylinder all the way in. I guess i'm just going to have to take the clutch pedal off tomorrow and hope that the bracket is somehow broken. Any more advaice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I think I get what you are saying now. Id do what you plan on doing and check the bracket. Its possible with high mileage and excessive use that the bracket might just have became weak over time and gave out. Let us know what you come up with, Im interested to know what would cause this. Oh, and G-L!