Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help car wont move

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help car wont move

a little history, a few months ago my car started popping out of 2nd gear, i adjusted the shift linkage and changed the tranny fluid but it didnt help. just this month it started to pop out of 3rd, and last week 5th.

well i was going to work, came through a small dip while it was raining, and it had what felt like a little wheel-hop coming out so i let off and tried to switch to 2nd and it wouldnt go into gear. i stopped and tried to go into 1st and it wouldnt go into that, or any other gear. it felt like every gear was blocked, after playing with it for a minute i got it in 1st, tried to take off and it wouldntove and then it stalled. tried to start it again and it felt like the battery was dead, then it didnt even try to turn over after that.

i called my friend and we pushed it back to my house, there was some resistance while pushing it. i lifted it up today and checked, both my driveshafts were in the shift linkage was fine. the plug that for the starter came off somehow so i plugged that back in. started the car, car wouldnt move and stalled out again when i let off the clutch. i tried to start it and it tried but wouldnt, then tried again and after that it wouldnt even try to turn over. we even tried jump started it and the same thing happened.

any ideas? im thinking my tranny is toast, if thats the case the car is going to sit until i can get a b series in there. the current motor is a jm d15b with a z6 tranny. input is greatly appreciated
Old 10-24-2008, 05:49 PM

Default Re: help car wont move (Eg Fool)

sounds like you may have a bent shift fork inside the transmission, possibly a shift linkage lever, but if it was that, you probably wouldnt be able to get it in any gear to begin with. i'd check the shift linkage levers first, seeing on how they're on the outside. then id go ahead and condem that transmission to the round file.

cheers
Old 10-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help car wont move (Simple)

yeah a bent fork was one of the things i was told it could be. i really do not want to pull the tranny off, it sucks doing that by yourself lol. thanks for the help