Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help with brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with brakes

ok I need some help, my DD 93 Civic Dx had a caliper and bracket seize up and the caliper needed to replaced. Since I needed the bracket and the caliper I ran over to the local parts yard and grabbed one. After replacing it I went to bleed the brake and all three wheels except the front passenger bled out fine, the one I replaced will not flow fluid and there is no pressure in the brake system. There is no obstruction in the line from the distribution block down to the banjo fitting on the brake line.

The car has a new master and booster and we bled the system extensively. I am stumped and needed to get some help. The master is pushing fluid to the distribution block as when I pulled the hardline off it spewed fluid. And when pouring fluid down the rest of the line there is no obstructions. but no pressure in the system, unable to bleed the front passenger and no ride
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: help with brakes (Sharky NRK)

You still might have air in the system since you said you replaced the master & booster. Have you properly adjusted the brake booster to factory specs? I hope you didn't just bolt it on and nothing else. Which direction did you start bleeding the brake system? From which corner to which corner?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: help with brakes (Lord Helmet)

the master and booster were replaced a month ago and until the caliper seized the brakes were working fine and the system was bled starting with the wheel farthest from the master then to the closest and around in that fashion until bled farthest away (pr,df,dr,pf), and three out of four brakes bled clean. The master and booster were installed and adjusted and the brakes were working fine with the caliper seizeing and locking the brakes, 15 minutes before swapping caliper I drove the car around the block to position it in the driveway correctly so the brakes were working fine until swapping the caliper and then something went wrong

I had my buddy who is a tech at the dealer helping me and he is as stumped as I am

Modified by Sharky NRK at 4:02 AM 6/29/2005
Old 06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with brakes (Sharky NRK)

maybe its the prop valve?

you said there is preasure to the prop valve (you think), and the rst of the system is good?