Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: just when you thought you were different, WA, NWforLIFE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1

alright, i know you guys are gonna trip and stuff about this being posted, but just so you know, i already did a search and didnt find anything about this particular subject...(well not what i needed to know)

i am getting a five lug conversion from a , i think its from a 97 or 98 integra type r, and i drive a 00 civic hatch...i know the rear lower control arms on the itr ar shorter, so what do i use in order for it to work properly?
another question, i heard that you have to change your suspension setup, because the springs or the construction of the suspension is so different that i cannot use my tokico illuminas and skunks on this particular setup...

if you can, can you list all of the parts needed to convert (with itr parts...)

please help me with this stuff....thanks.
Old 04-15-2002, 12:14 PM

Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (kidkombo)

chit...ok.

you need to use the STOCK itr springs/shocks if you dont have aftermarket ones for that ap. shoudnt really be a problem if youve done this before. just make sure to check all the lines, and trim the e-brake cable to proper size.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (maks)

Um its really not that complicated...

You cannot use ITR rear lower control arms (they just won't fit) and you don't have to use stock itr spring or shocks. Stick with your stock Civic rear lower control arms. You can use your stock Civic shocks and springs or whatever aftermarket stuff you already have. When I did my conversion I drove on my stock Civic shocks with some Skunk 2 springs until my Apex'i stuff showed up.

All the parts you need for the conversion are:
integra hubs
integra lower trailing arms
e-brake cables

You unbolt those things from your Civic and then you bolt the Integra stuff right where you just took everything off. It is that simple.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (maks)

so, um, how do you propose he stock itr shocks in the rear since the LCA's wont work and the 96+ civic LCA design is different from the ITR.

here is what you do.... use you stock rear LCA's, just remove the old trailing arm assembly and put on the new one from the ITR. use your current spring and shock setup. same for the front, remove old hub assembly and replace with ITR, and again use your current spring/shock combo. its that easy! how do i know this? i've done it before

Brian
Old 04-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: just when you thought you were different, WA, NWforLIFE
Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Brian*Black99Si)

thanks, you two are hella funny, its kinda like a debate and ish, but i have pro-arms, those camber kit control arms, will those work? so its just that huge trailing arm that i replace, not the lca, my current lca will bolt up to the hub assembly? and with the front, do i do the same thing, just change the hub assembly and stuff... alright, the setup im going to get comes with the swaybars too, am i going to be able to bolt the rear and front swaybars? or do i have to get that damn reinfocement stuff for the rear...answers to these questions would be coo, thanks again.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (kidkombo)

The trailing arm is what you replace. There is no replacing of the lower control arms. Now the sway bars are a different story. You can bolt up the rear sway bar without any reinforcement stuff but it won't be long before something tears out. To attatch the rear ITR sway bar you need some 99-00 Civic Si endlinks. You can't use the ITR front sway bar. On my car I have the 99-00 Civic Si front sway bar. For that you must get the sway bar, the front lower control arms, the shock forks, and all the various hardware.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Brian*Black99Si)

so, um, how do you propose he stock itr shocks in the rear since the LCA's wont work and the 96+ civic LCA design is different from the ITR.

here is what you do.... use you stock rear LCA's, just remove the old trailing arm assembly and put on the new one from the ITR. use your current spring and shock setup. same for the front, remove old hub assembly and replace with ITR, and again use your current spring/shock combo. its that easy! how do i know this? i've done it before

Brian
Old 04-15-2002, 08:28 PM

Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (Spoon1)

hey merrit , you finnaly posted on hear, this is teggsr@hotmail

just wanted to say hey

peace
Old 04-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with a 5 lug conversion!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (ZeRo)

Well I've been a Honda-Tech member for 809 days now but I have average post count of .12 posts per day. I post when I find a reason for posting.