Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help?

1. Every time that I drive around my idle is starting to go low why is that?

2. When I'm driving around my over flow tank makes noises and i guess i could see the green coolant , that I put in radiator.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help? (dorkjoey)

A little bit more information would be helpful.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dorkjoey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Every time that I drive around my idle is starting to go low why is that?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This could be because a few different things. Please give a little history.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dorkjoey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
2. When I'm driving around my over flow tank makes noises and i guess i could see the green coolant , that I put in radiator. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is normal. Seeing coolant in the overflow tank is good, seeing nasty grimy fluid is bad.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help? (mechanix619)

A history here it goes it's d16z6 and has about 175,xxx something miles on it. Before it would overheat so...I changed out timing belt, water pump, thermostat. Behind 0 or one line of needle my car would die. Btw I changed oil, but I don't know oil is causing it?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mechanix619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A little bit more information would be helpful.

This could be because a few different things. Please give a little history.

This is normal. Seeing coolant in the overflow tank is good, seeing nasty grimy fluid is bad. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well...my over flow always making splash sound. So....im wondering if I need some new radiator ? and also when green coolant goes to coolant I can see the nasty part in radiator it looks nasty.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 AM

Are you losing coolant and or oil? sounds like a blown headgasket
Old 04-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you adding any coolant or oil to your motor, because it's low? Is the coolant in the overflow still green? Is the coolant in the radiator green or nasty sludge? If your coolant isn't Green, and looking like some nasty brown/tan sludge, then you probably do have a blown head gasket.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dorkjoey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Every time that I drive around my idle is starting to go low why is that? </TD></TR></TABLE>

When you say "starting to go low" what do you mean? When you start you car up, does it idle fine? If you let it idle for 5-10 minutes does anything change?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help? (TahitianEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TahitianEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you adding any coolant or oil to your motor, because it's low? Is the coolant in the overflow still green? Is the coolant in the radiator green or nasty sludge? If your coolant isn't Green, and looking like some nasty brown/tan sludge, then you probably do have a blown head gasket.

When you say "starting to go low" what do you mean? When you start you car up, does it idle fine? If you let it idle for 5-10 minutes does anything change? </TD></TR></TABLE>

when car starts fine , but after while rpm needle will go down and almost hit the 0 and motor kinda shakes.

well...how do I fix the blown head gasket?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does sound like the HG...that bubbling you hear in the overflow is a good sign of that.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blk92_d16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blk92_d16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It does sound like the HG...that bubbling you hear in the overflow is a good sign of that.</TD></TR></TABLE>
why is that?