Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

help

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

I have a blown head gasket, I put bars leaks in the cooling system and It sealed It up for a long time. I ran low on antifreeze and added another bottle of bars leaks and antifreeze and now I have a blockage in the system and Its over heating. How do I back flush the system to clean it out ,any ideas?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:35 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you put a band-aid on a severed arm and expected it to be ok?

First, clear the blockage via removing your radiator hoses, thermostat housing, water pump, etc .... and then flushing it with a water hose.

Then, get a new water pump, new hose, new headgasket, possibly even a radiator (who knows how clogged your **** is).
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

You may want to check and see if the head is warped too...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you put a band-aid on a severed arm and expected it to be ok?

First, clear the blockage via removing your radiator hoses, thermostat housing, water pump, etc .... and then flushing it with a water hose.

Then, get a new water pump, new hose, new headgasket, possibly even a radiator (who knows how clogged your **** is).</TD></TR></TABLE>x2
Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you g2 pull the head off to replace the headgasket. Then you probably have head warpage so you have to send the head out to get milled.

As for flushing the system, disconnect the upper and lower rad hoses and remove them (both from the block and the rad). Then pull your intake arm off. Then open the petcock (it's like a plastic wing nut) on the bottom of the rad to let everything drain out.

Now is a good time to replace your thermostat, it's only like 10 bucks. It's basically right under the throttle body when looking at the motor from the battery side.

You pop the thermostat out and now u have an open block and open rad. Now you can use a garden hose and stick it in ur rad filler hole and just pour it in there until straight up water is coming out the bottom of the rad - that's how you flush the rad. Then to flush the block you have to put the garden hose in the top hole of the block (where the upper rad hose attached) and pour it in there until clear water comes out where the thermostat is.

That'll probably get rid of the blockage. As far as the heater box goes - the blockage is doubtfully there, and there's usually not enough coolant in there to make a difference in terms of "dirty coolant" or anything of the sort.

Hope that helps, holla at me (PM or AIM) if anything was unclear or you need nemore help.