Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hello i'm new and a couple of questions for you

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello i'm new and a couple of questions for you

Hi this is my first time to the forum and i had a couple of body questions, it took me a while to post because while i was typing this something bad litteraly just happend to my car. Any way i have a 97 civic coupe with a 99 conversion all around. Its lowered with rims, has a japanese sohc, leather interior, si spoiler, si grill, type R mirrors and lips all around. The car is painted pearled indy yellow and is a great paint job. Anyway my first question is, i was looking to get a carbon fiber hood, however i know a person who had one and his was discolored after a year or so right where the engine is. You could see a white haze in the form of a square right on top of the motor. I dont know the brand of hood but i know it had a gel coat as opposed to a clear coat so he couldnt re finish it. Have any of you had your carbon hood on for an extend period of time and had this problem. If you havnt please note what brand you have because i dont want a hood that will miss-color in a short amount of time. Anyway, on to the bad part, while i was writting this a girl hit my civic which was parked outside my room. Looks like i'll need a new rear lip, bumper, paint, and the small piece that sits under the tailights and above the rear bumper. DoH! Well thank you for your time
Old 12-30-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Hello i'm new and a couple of questions for you (unmellowyellow)

try to search under carbon fiber hood vis, jdmshit... just a few names and places that sell hood.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome n00bie, damn that sux to hear. canrbon fiber hoods will get like that if u dont wax them and take care of them vis is good quality and fitment
Old 12-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wecome to honda-tech...

If your carbon fiber hood fades or discolors you can always paint it.

My wife's GS-R got hit by some yo-yo while she was parked...it sucked, they left a note that said "sorry" and took off.

Good luck getting you car fixed.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Hello i'm new and a couple of questions for you (clemsonhatch)

i never knew that could happen to carbon fiber, i had mine for at least 1 yr and it still shines like new, and i bought it used too. its been past around fresno for at least 3-4 yrs.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Hello i'm new and a couple of questions for you ($$broke_db8)

do wax it or something?
Old 12-30-2004, 06:15 PM

well from what i heard, not for sure, the gel coats are cheaper than clear coats. I'm not a 100% though. Yes i was looking at vis. I plan on getting a carbon with fiber glass underneath. I dont want it to light so i wont have to get hood pins. So I'm hearing waxing as the best way to take care of it? I'll keep that in mind. thank you. Hey maybe for the same price of a new bumper and lip i can get like a buddy club bumper or something. As long as the paint works well with those and they shouldnt crack because the rear of my car isnt to low there shouldnt be a problem.

Modified by unmellowyellow at 7:43 PM 12/30/2004