Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hello, i need help with side skirts...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello, i need help with side skirts...

Hello fellow Civic owners,

This is my first time so be gentle. So first off, thank you for your help.

I have a 4 door 2000 Civic EX with a R33 (similar to a skyline) front and rear kit. I am thinking about getting side skirts to go with, but I am skeptical. I can't seem to find any polyurethane spyder side skirts and I'm afraid if I get fiberglass, it will fall off/crack/dent when I go over speed bumps. On the other hand, I heard that it doesn't matter if it's fiberglass or polyurethane for the side skirts.

What do you guys and gals think? Should I invest in something aesthetically pleasing, or is it not worth my time?

The side skirts can be found at http://visionautodynamics.com/interface.htm
I couldn't figure out how to insert a picture.

Emily from Austin
Old 07-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hide before the flamers come. theyll tell you (might not since you seem to be a girl) that it's ricer status and a waste of your time and that the current honda trend is JDM OEM look.

on to your question: polyurethane and fiberglass aren't exactly known for staying in 1 piece under stress. ABS plastic or better quality material is what you want if you're expecting your side skirts to live through some hits. If you have to choose between the two, i'd go polyurethane over fiber glass personally, cuz i know that fiber glass front lips will crack after 1 or 2 bangs.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 PM

just keep it clean
Old 07-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (prison_snitch)

my hate for bodykits would be non-existant if they flowed well with the natural lines of the car. but they dont.

anyway
get the poly, its way better then the fiberglass counterpart for break resistance since its verry verry flexible, just make sure to have it painted with flexible bumper paint or something in that general area. do you have pics of your car? perhaps the stock skirts will work just fine, astheticly
Old 07-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (eggroll12)

welcome to H-T, I see is your 1st post... I'm going to be nice with you... H-T has the best tip for any project and bodykits are from the 1st Fast and the Furious... now the Style is JDM... Hope you can keep up!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (Harryflores)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welcome to H-T, I see is your 1st post... I'm going to be nice with you... H-T has the best tip for any project and bodykits are from the 1st Fast and the Furious... now the Style is JDM... Hope you can keep up! </TD></TR></TABLE>

theres a diffrence between having you own taste, and trying to entice others to come to your point of view. she likes her bodykit (i suppose) so who cares what the trend is now?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there's a difference between having your own taste, and trying to entice others to come to your point of view</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then, I'm no Help
Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

CF hoods for life!!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (jtchinoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtchinoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CF hoods for life!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Waste

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">welcome to H-T, I see is your 1st post... I'm going to be nice with you... H-T has the best tip for any project and bodykits are from the 1st Fast and the Furious... now the Style is JDM... Hope you can keep up! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Of

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harryflores &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Then, I'm no Help</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bandwidth.

To the OP, bodykits aren't my thing. That said, something aesthically pleasing would be rather nice. It's all about how it looks to you. I'd say go with poly, however, as fiberglass cracks.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (eggroll12)

come on everyone has their own tastes guys, i remember back in the days when bodykits used to be the thing if she wants a bodykit let her have one help her out

get polyurethane its more like ur factory sideskirts/bumper fiberglass wont last long but is easy to mold. or even better carbon fiber it s like fiberglass but way stronger and looks so much better btw how low is ur car? it also depends on how low ur car is i think the r33/r34 bumper would be very big so u want some sideskirts to line up with the bumper get some big wheels to keep ur front end from crashing into the ground and dont forget good suspension no ebay cheap *** coilovers ok on stock shocks that s a big NO NO. but anyways good luck!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (rhdjdmda6)

I find it funny, that just beacause it's a girl nobody flames.. if it was a guy on this board, there would be 3 pages in less then an hour about how gay it is, but cause it's a girl nobody says anything..

you drive a civic not a skyline
Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (G2 Speed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I find it funny, that just beacause it's a girl nobody flames.. if it was a guy on this board, there would be 3 pages in less then an hour about how gay it is, but cause it's a girl nobody says anything..

you drive a civic not a skyline </TD></TR></TABLE>

QFT

I didn't even know it was a girl until you said something. The flamage is no doubt coming, and you probably just opened the door. Good job. That's exactly how threads turn bad.

That's like me saying "you drive a Civic, not a racecar". See what I mean?
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: hello, i need help with side skirts... (black_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">QFT

I didn't even know it was a girl until you said something. The flamage is no doubt coming, and you probably just opened the door. Good job. That's exactly how threads turn bad.

That's like me saying "you drive a Civic, not a racecar". See what I mean?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do drive a civic, 127hp does not seem like race car material...
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I warned her already it's coming

In any case, there's enough posts giving her the message that polyurethane &gt; fiber glass. So run away from this thread OP before the flames come.