Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hello! First Post and a Major Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! First Post and a Major Project

Well, the time is finally here to start the project car. Finally got my 2001 Mazda truck paid off, and I'm itching for something new (to me)! I've been looking into an EG/EK hybrid for awhile. And its time! I won a set of rims today, a set of Volk Gramlights 16x7. What tire size would you guys suggest for a daily driver? (not too wide, since i will get a seperate set of two rims/drag tires) The rims are sweet and i got an awesome deal, i'm going to wrap them in either Sumitomo HTZ or Falken Azenis ( I REALLY love my Sumitomo HTR Sport AT that are on my truck, never had more wet traction in light truck/ SUV before!!)
I am looking around for an EG this week, luckily it's a buyers market (used cars that is).
Anyways, this is what I'm aiming for, you guys let me know what you think, ESPECIALLY on the TIRE SIZE!!

1992-1995 Civic Hatchback CX/VX
Volk Gramlight Wheels 16x7 (CHECK tires undecided

I'm Negotiating the following from JDMshit.com, but IF ANYONE Knows of better place, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Spoon Style Mirrors (paintable)
Carbon Fiber duckbill (unpainted)
CTR rear bumper lip and side skirts
**1998+ Integra GSR/ITR Front Clip (Full swap: B-series and Integra front end)
Converting the front to an Integra Type R lookalike, b18c5 or not
Carbon Fiber Integra Hood (unpainted)

Anyway, with the help of JDMshit.com and Raxles.com (Mobil1 synthetic injected fresh axles)
And finally, The local Honda/Acura/Toyota dealership for a supreme Anthracite Gray Pearl paintjob (Lexus IS300 and Toyota Supra color), it will be a true beauty.
As soon as I pick up an EG and detail it, I will be post Pix.

I want to do the job right, so I'm taking my time. It's my first time messing with a car (besides oil changes and car washes), so it will be interesting
I'm also considering Electron Blue for the color (Honda Civic Si blue),
and if I go with Anthracite Gray, i will most likely powdercoat the Volk wheels gunmetal)

I've heard the Integra front end conversion is played out on the west and east coasts, but third coast is virgin
Anyway, it's nice to have this site around for reference.
Any helpful criticism would be nice (especially on best tire size for daily driving for the 16x7 volks)

Old 09-07-2003, 03:33 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: Hello! First Post and a Major Project (EGtoDC2)

215/45/16 falken azenis would be my pick. as for all the other stuff do what you like.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey azntagger i like your icon muahha
Old 09-07-2003, 04:10 AM

Default falken azenis it is!

thanks for reply. I think i will go with the falken's, I've heard nothing but the best about them, and they are pretty cheap
anyway, i do plan on doing things to my liking though, other peoples opinions help the process along.
Converting the front end to an Integra Type R is a bit extreme, especially for me. Though, it's still undecided. But, I already know i want a B18c full swap and a new paint job, so getting a front clip with the front bumber, headlights, fenders, etc. is not a big jump..sheeesh!