Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hello everybody I'm new and in need of help (94 civic Si hatch)

Old 05-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everybody I'm new and in need of help (94 civic Si hatch)

I just purchased a civic SI hatchback (pictures at http://www.distincomputers.com/civic/day1 ) and I think it is the coolest thing ever even though it has a dented tailgate , dened fender, cracked windshield, and a missing window (and that's just the body). I got it for 500 so all this stuff is ok.

but here is my question. currently there is a b16A2 block in there and a B series tranny of course from a 99 civic Si. as you have probably noticed I did not say what head was on there because there isn't one! haha. but yeah so I am gonna do an entire engine swap keeping the tranny that is in there. I want to put a b16 in there but I am not sure which B16 should go in there, I am thinking about an obd1 SIR II. so that is dilemma number 1, what engine to stick in there.

dilemma number 2 is what ECU to put in there? I want it to be legal to drive in California so I will have to go to a BAR referee and have them put a sticker on it.

so what engine and ECU combination will I need to be approved by the ref?

by the way I like the way this forum is except I am annoyed that I have to wait 2 weeks to get in the classifieds section, as you can see from the pictures I need new seats haha and a guy in the classifieds has the exact seats. oh well I hope they aren't gone in 2 weeks.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hello everybody I'm new and in need of help (cwd14)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cwd14 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just purchased a civic SI hatchback (pictures at http://www.distincomputers.com/civic/day1 ) and I think it is the coolest thing ever even though it has a dented tailgate , dened fender, cracked windshield, and a missing window (and that's just the body). I got it for 500 so all this stuff is ok.

but here is my question. currently there is a b16A2 block in there and a B series tranny of course from a 99 civic Si. as you have probably noticed I did not say what head was on there because there isn't one! haha. but yeah so I am gonna do an entire engine swap keeping the tranny that is in there. I want to put a b16 in there but I am not sure which B16 should go in there, I am thinking about an obd1 SIR II. so that is dilemma number 1, what engine to stick in there. SiR-II is a good choice
dilemma number 2 is what ECU to put in there? I want it to be legal to drive in California so I will have to go to a BAR referee and have them put a sticker on it. P30
so what engine and ECU combination will I need to be approved by the ref? B16a2 w/ USDM P30
by the way I like the way this forum is except I am annoyed that I have to wait 2 weeks to get in the classifieds section, as you can see from the pictures I need new seats haha and a guy in the classifieds has the exact seats. oh well I hope they aren't gone in 2 weeks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe they limit access to the classifieds so that people don't join just to sell/scam.

Although frustrating if your starting a new project, it's a good idea.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, for starters, is that a rear sway bar in the back where the seats go?
thats funny as hell.

1. your civic uses an obd1 ecu. so if you want to put in a b16 you can use anyone, but using an obd1 b16 would make your install easier. w/ an obd2 you will need wire conversions.

2. i noticed you were thinking of installing a b16a from a sir2. that will be a better decision since it comes from the same years as your civic. making your install easier(just emphazising point #1).
Old 05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hello everybody I'm new and in need of help (philosofy1)

thanks for the info dohcVTECeg2, so what ur saying is that if I get an SIR II with a USDM P30 I will not be able to get the BAR sticker? because I don't want to use the b16A2 block that is in there cuz it has been sitting without a head for 2 years.

haha yes that is a rear sway bar haha I dunno if I am gonna install it or not and I just left it there I need to get the seats from the guy becuae when I got it the back of the car was gutted like no panels were in there and the seats were noe in there and he just forgot to stick the seat cushion in with the rest of the stuff.

and yeah the whole classifieds thing for trial users is kind of annoying and I do understand the reasoning for it haha but does not make me any less annoyed. if only there were no idiot scammers then there would be no need for this kind of stuff.

by the way if some guy with an SN "Nautical_Star" sees this, I WANT UR SEATS!!! so email me haha.

Modified by cwd14 at 8:29 AM 5/9/2006
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 AM

dont worrie youll get access to the classifieds in due time and its great. i love honda-tech and marketplace. ive sound so much stuff on it and you can usually find good deals on parts.

man for the $500 deal you got on that car. i like how the rear passengers have to sit on bare metal. i might jus do that to torture some of my buddies who always asks for rides.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hello everybody I'm new and in need of help (jxmac2o6)

haha they won't have to sit on metal for long haha I am getting the cushions from the guy on satruday.

actually I will have the back seats before the car is up and running haha so the people in the back will never have to sit on metal lol.