Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

heater blows cold air

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater blows cold air

i dont know what is wroung with my heaterblows cold air blows. i put a new termostat in it and still no heat i did a coolint flush as well it fix the over heating prob but still no luck so if anyone know plz let me know
Old 12-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: heater blows cold air

check your blower motor. sometimes it takes a while for them to warm up.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Did you bleed the cooling system with the heat lever set to MAX heat? Is the heater hose valve on the firewall stuck closed?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bad heater coil?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
New User

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT
Did you bleed the cooling system with the heat lever set to MAX heat? Is the heater hose valve on the firewall stuck closed?
how do you check to see if the firewall is stuck
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the left side of the motor under the distributor there are two hoses that go towards the firewall. One of them is the feed and one is the return. One of them (feed) has a valve on it operated by a cable connected up under your dashboard to the heater control. You can either find the valve (not hard, it's obvious) or play with the hot/cold slider on the dash. If the slider slides from hot to cold super easy, the cable could be broken/disconnected - there should be a little bit of resistance as you slide the slider because it's moving the cable that opens the valve.

could also be not enough coolant in the system (open the bleeder valve by the thermostat when you fill the system, you know it's full when coolant starts coming out of the bleeder.) also put coolant in the reservoir, because even though it comes out the bleeder it might still suck some out of the reservoir after the motor runs a bit and the air bubbles work their way out.

prolly not the thermostat because you changed that...

could be plugged heater core, when you get it going make sure to run the heater (and a/c) every now and then all year to keep them working. The heater and a/c don't like only being used every 6 months, they seize up and stop working without regular use. Only takes a few minutes of use once a month to prevent this.

read my thread on this, it's almost the exact same problem...
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/car-overheats-heater-cold-thermostat-2690942/

good luck
Old 12-04-2009, 12:48 PM
New User

Originally Posted by Corksil
on the left side of the motor under the distributor there are two hoses that go towards the firewall. One of them is the feed and one is the return. One of them (feed) has a valve on it operated by a cable connected up under your dashboard to the heater control. You can either find the valve (not hard, it's obvious) or play with the hot/cold slider on the dash. If the slider slides from hot to cold super easy, the cable could be broken/disconnected - there should be a little bit of resistance as you slide the slider because it's moving the cable that opens the valve.

could also be not enough coolant in the system (open the bleeder valve by the thermostat when you fill the system, you know it's full when coolant starts coming out of the bleeder.) also put coolant in the reservoir, because even though it comes out the bleeder it might still suck some out of the reservoir after the motor runs a bit and the air bubbles work their way out.

prolly not the thermostat because you changed that...

could be plugged heater core, when you get it going make sure to run the heater (and a/c) every now and then all year to keep them working. The heater and a/c don't like only being used every 6 months, they seize up and stop working without regular use. Only takes a few minutes of use once a month to prevent this.

read my thread on this, it's almost the exact same problem...
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2690942

good luck

ya i found the cable you were talking about when i pull it just pulls is to the cold side and will not stay at the hot at all what is all sapose to be on that cable?? if you have txting tex me it cuse i really need to get this working asap 219 742 9549 thanks man