Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

heat not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 heat not working

Hey I have a 95 honda civic ex and the heat just stop working on me. I think it might be the heat sensor, but i can't seem to find where it is. Any help or suggesions what may be causing the heat not to work besides heat sensor?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:19 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: heat not working

could be a lot of things... thermostat, heater core, heater control, air in the coolant, low coolant, clogged/leaking heater core...

First things first: check your coolant level. Is it full?

Is your heater hose warm? This will be a hose running from your thermostat area to your firewall. If your engine is warm, this hose should be warm. This hose circulates warm coolant into the heater core behind your dash. There should also be a little control box on the hose that opens and closes when you turn up the heat. If you have the heat up, it should be warm on both sides of the box.

If you have air in the coolant (which might happen if your coolant is low), adding coolant may not be enough. You may have to run it for up to 30 minutes with the cap off, adding coolant whenever it goes low to get all the air out of the system. We just replaced a headgasket on a civic and couldn't get the coolant to cycle through the heater for a very long time after filling, so keep trying.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: heat not working

Originally Posted by Vindicator9000
could be a lot of things... thermostat, heater core, heater control, air in the coolant, low coolant, clogged/leaking heater core...

First things first: check your coolant level. Is it full?

Is your heater hose warm? This will be a hose running from your thermostat area to your firewall. If your engine is warm, this hose should be warm. This hose circulates warm coolant into the heater core behind your dash. There should also be a little control box on the hose that opens and closes when you turn up the heat. If you have the heat up, it should be warm on both sides of the box.

If you have air in the coolant (which might happen if your coolant is low), adding coolant may not be enough. You may have to run it for up to 30 minutes with the cap off, adding coolant whenever it goes low to get all the air out of the system. We just replaced a headgasket on a civic and couldn't get the coolant to cycle through the heater for a very long time after filling, so keep trying.
Well ty. So do u know where its located? Well my coolant is full.