Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

headlights and wheel sizes...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights and wheel sizes...

I just ordered new halo projector headlights and was wondering if they are hard to install , should i have them payed to be installed or just install um myself (btw i won't be driving for a few months so if i mess up i can always reinstall them but i was wondering if i can seriously Fk them up)

Also i heard different things about wheel sizes that the biggest i could fit is 18" also heard 20"s and 19"s i was wondering if i could fit 20"s (my bro's friend has 20"s he would sell me cheap which would save me alot of dough) only thing he lives in cali so to have um shipped just to find out they wont fit is pointless any way if you know what the biggest size is please let me know thanx

by the way its 98 civic ex (coupe)

[Modified by squrlz, 11:01 PM 9/30/2002]
Old 09-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: headlights and wheel sizes... (squrlz)

I just ordered new halo projector headlights and was wondering if they are hard to install , should i have them payed to be installed or just install um myself (btw i won't be driving for a few months so if i mess up i can always reinstall them but i was wondering if i can seriously Fk them up)
Shouldn't be too hard.

Also i heard different things about wheel sizes that the biggest i could fit is 18" also heard 20"s and 19"s i was wondering if i could fit 20"s (my bro's friend has 20"s he would sell me cheap which would save me alot of dough) only thing he lives in cali so to have um shipped just to find out they wont fit is pointless any way if you know what the biggest size is please let me know thanx
If you're asking about wheels larger than about 17" you should ask in the appearance forum, not the performance forum.

As for the biggest...I dunno...how much money do you want to spend on modifying your cars body to fit them?
Old 09-30-2002, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well my friend had 19s on his civ. i dont know about 20s but why the hell would u want to put 20s on a civ. it wont go anywhere! lol
Old 09-30-2002, 02:02 PM

Default Re: headlights and wheel sizes... (silvercivicgrl)

what ever it'd cost especially if its just fenders cuz im prolly gonna get new ones anyway and if they need to be cut then thats fine just cuz im saving alotta dough on rims this way
Old 09-30-2002, 02:02 PM

Remove the bumper to install them. Without removing the bumper its a pain in the butt (in fact it's almost impossible).

Shawn
Old 09-30-2002, 06:28 PM

Default Re: headlights and wheel sizes... (shawnhayes)

Why u wanna put 20s on a civic get a caprice or impala for that dont try to mix things up if u wanna be a baller then get a baller car dont do that to a civic please
Old 09-30-2002, 06:51 PM
rus

by the way its 98 civic ex (coupe)
Civic looks good with 15" and 16" rims - anything larger is not only a waste of money on wheels and tires, but a significant sacrifice in performance. Save big wheels for a big car.

[Modified by rus, 3:51 AM 10/1/2002]
Old 09-30-2002, 06:54 PM

Default Re: headlights and wheel sizes... (SI-racer)

Damn, 20's on a Civic. poor car. Is this strictly a "show car"? If not I would not do this. It will ride like crap, handle like crap, drive like crap, pickup speed like crap, and quite frankly look like crap. Not to mention the ball joints and tie rods you will be changing every week.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:55 PM

PLEASE remember a CIVIC is not a NAVIGATOR
Old 09-30-2002, 07:09 PM

Default Re: headlights and wheel sizes... (pkek)

im not asking for your opinions im just trying to figure out if they'd fit and are drivable
Old 09-30-2002, 07:54 PM

Drivable where? It is also not good for your suspension parts or differential. But yes you can make them fit w/ modifications.