Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight problem

hi everyone, i was trying to wire up my city lights and i couldnt really do it . I connected them to my headlights wire and ground and also to my corners wires.

but then i went to try it out and my headlight wouldnt turn on. Only if i turned it to the high beam then it turns on.

so does anyone have an idea of what i could have done wrong.?? at this point i dont care about the city lights, i just want my headlight to work how it was .

any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: headlight problem (vargas)

did your fuse blow?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: headlight problem (vargas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crx Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did your fuse blow?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, yes he surely blew a fuse and was luck he did start a fire.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vargas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hi everyone, i was trying to wire up my city lights and i couldnt really do it . I connected them to my headlights wire and ground and also to my corners wires.

but then i went to try it out and my headlight wouldnt turn on. Only if i turned it to the high beam then it turns on.

so does anyone have an idea of what i could have done wrong.?? at this point i dont care about the city lights, i just want my headlight to work how it was .

any help would be greatly appreciated . thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i would disconnect what you connected and re-connect them the way they were. then i would go to the fuse box under the dash and under the hood and check the fuses for the corner lights (dash) and headlights (dash and hood). you most like blew a fuse, maybe a relay.

now for the city lights. what you do is split or share the red/black wire and black wire from your corner lights (wiring the accordingly, black w/ black and red w/ red), that's it. you DO NOT, DO NOT, have to touch the headlight wiring.

may the force be with you!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^hey man thanks , it was a fuse, that problem is gone , but now to the city lights....

i have the stanley corners and they only have a green and black wire. So i connected the city lights to the corners' ground and the red wire to a red wire that comes out from the car.

but it didnt work at all .
Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vargas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vargas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^hey man thanks , it was a fuse, that problem is gone , but now to the city lights....

i have the stanley corners and they only have a green and black wire. So i connected the city lights to the corners' ground and the red wire to a red wire that comes out from the car.

but it didnt work at all . </TD></TR></TABLE>

that's beacuse since you wired all the wires together you most likely blew the corner lights fuse as well.

the black wire is the ground (-)
the green wire on the jdm corners is for the turn signal (+) leave that alone.
the red wire is the one you want (+), that is for the parking light, you know the first click on the switch.

that's it, there is nothing else to it. wire them together, make it look as professional as possible. make sure they are insulated from water, dirt, and bare metal found on the car. this will prevent having to trouble shoot later if they were to short out again.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ ohhh , im going to go check that out right now. And thanks for all the help . im just now learning about cars and stuff , (only 15)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vargas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vargas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ ohhh , im going to go check that out right now. And thanks for all the help . im just now learning about cars and stuff , (only 15) </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have alot to learn young grasshopper!