Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

"headlight on" alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 "headlight on" alarm

I have a 95 Honda Civic whose battery has died three times because I left the headlights on. The alarm that is supposed to sound when you leave the lights on and open the door is malfunctioning. However, the same alarm rings when I leave the keys in the ignition, and open the door, so it couldn't be the door switch....could it?! I checked the fuses, and didn't see any blown. I read the manual to find which fuse it would be and can't find it. If you know the fuse #, or what the problem might be, please let me know asap.

you should know that the car had previously been broken into and the windshield wiper stick was affected by this, in that it is so loose it sometimes falls down when going over a bump. Although this is on the other side of the steering column than the headlight stick, it could have been affected. not sure if this could be factor in my problem, it's only an fyi.

If you have any input, please please please help me out.

thank you
Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "headlight on" alarm

There's isn't an alarm to let you know if the headlights have been left on. You can "make" your own fairly cheaply though. Go to radioshack and buy a Piezo buzzer (part # 273-059 is a good one). And then wire it up to these fuses:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=26

Get some 3M tape or velcro or something, and find a place to mount it (I stuck mine to some kind of relay with velcro I had laying around). You could even hard wiring it to those places, if you feel like getting behind the underdash fuse box.