Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Headers??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers??

Newbie question??

There are many types of Headers on ebay, I know DC sports is a good company.

How bad are some of the knockoffs, would they destroy my exhast system?

Has anyone ever used one that they bought off of ebay? They are so much cheaper and i know you get what you pay for but they look so alike.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:04 AM
^R@m!r0_(M)

Default Re: Headers?? (Hcivic01Vtec)

if you do a search you will find plenty of "Header Tests" that should help a little. . . just do some research it shouldnt be hard to figure out what performs well

BTW Everything on EBAY that is EBAY brand sux dont buy it its just a waste of money, and they say that there product is "JUN" or "Spoon" or whatever but its actaully not dont believe the Hype

What Kind of car do you have??? that would help and im sure if we knew that we could give you some suggestions.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Headers?? (^R@m!r0_(M))

they acutally include words like jun, spoon, mugen, etc. because more people search for those terms and then their products will show up. once you read about it it says something like "spoon style" or something to that effect. i always say this in these types of posts but you get what you pay for especially when it comes to something like a header. cheap ones may not even fit right or improve performance by much. when you buy a name brand, that extra money pays for R&D for the header so you will more likely see higher gains. DC sports is a popular header, cant go wrong with it. stay away from products by OBX, which i see a lot of on ebay. their products are cheap and i have heard of welds cracking.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Headers?? (barto)

I Have a 2001 civic ex manual. It is somewhat hard for me to find performance parts for this car given the year. I think I will go with DC sports for the header. Does anyone know where I can get parts for the car???
Old 04-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Headers?? (Hcivic01Vtec)

DC = quality? since when! i have heard bout the flanges rusting ( the header might be ss, but the flange is NOT!) also some peeps on clubsi.com have had probs. with the rusted flanges leaking. DC SPORTS! i dono a good one for your car. maybe kamakazi or i guess u could get a dc. last resort though. do some searching on dogpile and google. ebay can confuse newbies, go there if u know what u are looking for not to do research (till u know what to look for and what is just crap)

take your time
Old 04-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Headers?? (barto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by barto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they acutally include words like jun, spoon, mugen, etc. because more people search for those terms and then their products will show up. once you read about it it says something like "spoon style" or something to that effect. i always say this in these types of posts but you get what you pay for especially when it comes to something like a header. cheap ones may not even fit right or improve performance by much. when you buy a name brand, that extra money pays for R&D for the header so you will more likely see higher gains. DC sports is a popular header, cant go wrong with it. stay away from products by OBX, which i see a lot of on ebay. their products are cheap and i have heard of welds cracking.</TD></TR></TABLE>
not technically i have a obx header and i had it for two years and i never had a problem. i did felt some gains from it i would gain more if i had more mods! Also no weld cracks here. i wish a had money for a greddy or mugen but im happy with mine