Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Header question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header question

Juss wondering would a Performance header for a EX model fit into a LX model. Juss wanna know if they bolt on juss right with no mods. Im plan to put a straight pipe on it. I know it wont pass smog but i got that under control. If anyone know this fact please reply.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Header question (Da D0n)

u mean for d series,right? if yes..they are compatible.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header question (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u mean for d series,right? if yes..they are compatible. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ex/lx/cx/vx/hx/dx....blah blah blah are all d-series...........if he didn't specify engine most likely its stock.....common sense...you can tell especially by the nature of his question

to the OP.......ex=d-series......lx=d-series..........d-series=most parts interchangeable..............read the FAQ's at the top and search
Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Header question (rivaladore)

so juss confirming would they fit and bolt on. Theres no difference when buying an EX performance header? and btw what u guys mean by d series?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Header question (Da D0n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Da D0n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so juss confirming would they fit and bolt on. Theres no difference when buying an EX performance header? and btw what u guys mean by d series?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends on the year of the car. The 96-00 EX and HX used a different layout than the 96-00 DX/CX/LX. The DX/LX/CX have the cat on the header. So an EX header will bolt on...but you'll have a check engine light unless you get an EX cat and weld it on and lengthen the O2 sensor wires to reach, etc.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:21 PM

iight all I wanted to know if it would fit. I know my check engine light will go on. I juss wanna get a straight pipe and since they dont sell LX performance headers I'll juss get EX.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Da D0n)

You realize that not only is this mod not going to make a sufficient increase in power, but it's also going to make your car stink and be significantly worse sounding. In addition to causing you to fail smog, I'd say you should probably skip this and move on to something more worthwhile.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You realize that not only is this mod not going to make a sufficient increase in power, but it's also going to make your car stink and be significantly worse sounding. In addition to causing you to fail smog, I'd say you should probably skip this and move on to something more worthwhile.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dammit. i hate doing this since me and archdictus are supposed to be worst enemies....but i TOTALLY agree.

OP: what is the point?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:46 AM

Well I already got an exhaugst system and a cold air intake. all i need is headers and i juss wanna test it to see what difference it'll make with headers.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you only got one header, not headers.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Da D0n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I already got an exhaugst system and a cold air intake. all i need is headers and i juss wanna test it to see what difference it'll make with headers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe like...1hp? Dude, seriously. It's really not worth all of that. You'd make your car smell bad, not pass emissions, sound like ****, and pollute more for just 1 hp? You're spending over $100 for 1 hp. think about that.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Da D0n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I already got an exhaugst system and a cold air intake. all i need is headers and i juss wanna test it to see what difference it'll make with headers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just keep your cat in. If you take it out, your the leading cause of why the artic is melting.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just keep your cat in. If you take it out, your the leading cause of why the artic is melting.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not the leading cause...but one of the contributors.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not the leading cause...but one of the contributors. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It was a joke.. sort of.
It could be worse, you could be driving an SUV

But keep the CAT, without it, your exhaust will be loud, buzzy, obnoxious, and smelly
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dammit. i hate doing this since me and archdictus are supposed to be worst enemies....but i TOTALLY agree.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Worst enemies? I don't even know who you are...did we murder each other's parents or something?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Worst enemies? I don't even know who you are...did we murder each other's parents or something?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Remember? you were all like "your ego is too big ...blah". and i was all "shutup...dude".

I'm very bitter.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man, just let the guy do what he wants.
do u guys realize that the earth is actually 20% "greener" than it was in the 50's. The world is just changing we have nothing to do with it. Just how it goes. Greenhouse **** is what the governments want you to believe. Its all bullshit!

so what if it smells and is louder, there are more than this one guy out there doing it. get off urselves. Go bitch at all the SUV's out there, then come back and gripe. Fak!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It was a joke.. sort of.
It could be worse, you could be driving an SUV

But keep the CAT, without it, your exhaust will be loud, buzzy, obnoxious, and smelly </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont joke about ANYTHING. I take everything literally, and seriously.

I also hate SUVs/Trucks..and how people drive them.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: (Malakai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Malakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man, just let the guy do what he wants.
do u guys realize that the earth is actually 20% "greener" than it was in the 50's. The world is just changing we have nothing to do with it. Just how it goes. Greenhouse **** is what the governments want you to believe. Its all bullshit!</TD></TR></TABLE>

wanna put your money where your mouth is? Turn on your OBD2 car with a cat in an enclosed garage. If the car is running well (no CELs, etc), you will only get a headache.

Turn on your uncatted car from any generation in an eclosed garage. Write your will while you sit there.

The majority of people keep their CATs on. If everyone was a defector from that rule, you'd be sick and have a headache all the time. Ask anyone from pre-emissions Killafornia (LA area especially). Smog is a killa for rilla.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we are out driving around in our cars not sitting in our garages inhauling exhaust fumes.

Thats why there are trees out there. to collect the pollution and give us clean air. I mean hell, u really think recycled paper is good? It takes 3 times the process to make it and that involves hauling it from place to place, which is more spent gas on trucks. Which is way more pollution any little civic is gonna make!