Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which header/exhaust/intake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which header/exhaust/intake?

This may sound like a noobish question, but I've only owned my 2000 milano red civic si for about 3 months so far. My first honda... Although I have been doing alot of research on i/h/e, I'd like to know what you all would recommend. As of right now, my Si is pretty much bone stock. I live in the panhandle of Florida, so I am a bit worried about hydrolocking with a cai, and I would prefer a high flow cat, (from carsound with 2.5" outlets), just because I'm in the military and in case I drive home to WI I need the cat because there's a 100% chance I'll get pulled over for having (louder than stock exhaust on my car). Trust me. Cops can be ****heads up there. Anyway, I've been looking at the mugen, spoon, toda, and dc headers... as well as the magnaflow, greddy evo2, and apexi n1 exhaust. What would be best for my car if I were to go all N/A?
Within the next month I'll prob be ordering omni power full coilovers, work emotion cr 16x7 wheels. (bronze or gunmetal?), and probably this winter a mugen front lip, side markers, ctr side moldings and a full respray.
Any suggestions?

P.S. My b16 has over 92k miles with around 175-180 compression across all 4 cylinders; And I just received the new omnipower 200whp b16 dvd the other day! I was #75 so it was pretty cool that I got it signed/personalized by the omniman himself. Good Dvd btw! I'm learning...
Old 08-19-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Which header/exhaust/intake? (2000civic-Si)

ONE WORD... SPOON! JDM MAN, THATS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which header/exhaust/intake? (HKS_USA)

well i have an em1 just like you, i have an aem sri and an evo2 catback exhaust and i love them both. i also have some skunk2 stage1 cams that im waiting to put in with some itr valvetrain and manifold. i dont have all the money in the world so i was tring to find the header that is best suited for the money and i would like to know what the best smog legal header since i live in lovely cali! im also gonna be running hondata on it in the near future! but i would recommend the aem and the evo2 with whatever header is to your liking since i like having the carb exemption incase of cops! but good luck with the em1!
Old 08-19-2005, 11:56 PM
goowakjai

Default Re: Which header/exhaust/intake? (2000civic-Si)

if u reaaly wunna run a CAI get a bypass valve if ur afraid of hydrolock...u usually wont hydrolock unless u completely submerge ur filter in water though...i have heard dat the bypass valve also robs a lil HP by disrupting airflow in the intake, especially on the AEM V2(or was it V12?)...for exhuast, if the cops r really ******** i say go with greddy, they have been knwon to make the most power while staying under the 95dB limit, but alot of companys nowaday make exhuasts dat r under 95dB or have solencers, so u shud really shjop around to see which one u like best...