Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch?

has anyone put a pwr sunroof into there DX or LX? 96-00 hatches never came with sunroofs and i am very interested in having this done. anyone know the cost of haveing honda installing this and all? thanks
Old 04-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch? (CiViC KiD)

i dunno but probably too much to be worth it. i wanted to untill i heard all the work that would have to be done
Old 04-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch? (pyro_assassin)

Regardless of whether Honda or another place of business does this, it is still not going to be as the car came from the factory. It is aftermarket, no different from than if taken to a sunroof installer. From what I remember Honda is just going to have this done at another shop. Hondas with sunroofs come like that specifically from the factory, the car design of say a DX and EX are in fact different when it comes to the roof. It isn't the same car that requires the roof portion be removed it is never there. Unless Honda has changed within a year and half's time the car will be taken elsewhere to have this installation done.

I personally don't think it is worth the headache it could cause you. Screw weight differences, if I could have gone without a sunroof I would have done so because I realize when it breaks I may need to replace the entire sunroof.

[Modified by INVALID, 2:57 AM 4/7/2003]
Old 04-07-2003, 08:54 AM

Default Re: having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch? (INVALID)

I have heard so many horrer stories about non factory installed sunroofs. One thin you can count on, if its not a factory sunroof, count on it on it to leak and even rust over time. Every aftet market sunroof I have seen has always come out like crap.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch? (CiViC KiD)

...What I would give to have the headroom of a non-sunroof car.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:53 AM

Default Re: having honda install factory sunroof in my 98 hatch? (INVALID)

Hondas with sunroofs come like that specifically from the factory, the car design of say a DX and EX are in fact different when it comes to the roof. It isn't the same car that requires the roof portion be removed it is never there. Unless Honda has changed within a year and half's time the car will be taken elsewhere to have this installation done.
What do you mean by different? Regardless, are the roofs interchangeable between the two models? Just wondering.