Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Have a 00' Civciv coupe..ordering LS Swap from HMotors in a few days, i have a ques..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a 00' Civciv coupe..ordering LS Swap from HMotors in a few days, i have a ques..

Ok so my trans finally took a **** on me so i'm gonna go ahead and order a complete LS swap from hmotorsonline..i did some searches and they have the best reputation on here in terms of quality motors and customer satisfaction. now i live in staten island, ny, and was going to order the swap and have it shipped to a shop i'm going to have install it. there called xenocron tuning. it's a little faraway from where i live but i don't really know of any shops locally and the shop xenocron said they would do it for $1000. now are there any small things i'm going to need extra for this..it's says complete swap, only other things i can think of or plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. it should come with everything else correct? i tried searching last night but was hard to find topics specific to an LS swap into an EJ8...from what i could gather searching everything should be plug and play...when i call up i planned on asking for a USDM OBD2 motor thats the one i need right? any help would be appreciated thanks...
Old 11-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yep...I would recommend changing out all the external ignition parts....but retain the factory plug wires if you can (ALL aftermarket wires suck! just ask my GSR) ...other than that you will probably need axels, a different b-pipe on the exhaust most likely.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Chow
yep...I would recommend changing out all the external ignition parts....but retain the factory plug wires if you can (ALL aftermarket wires suck! just ask my GSR) ...other than that you will probably need axels, a different b-pipe on the exhaust most likely.
why do all aftermarket wires suck?? just wondering
Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 AM

swap is going to come with the axles..so only thing i really need to worry about is the b-pipe? i have a stock exhaust on my car now so hopefully when i get the b-pipe it should fit ok until i get a new exhaust..
Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 AM

well the shop always has ngk wires in stock so i know those work well with honda's...so from what i'm gathering besides the a/c bracket i need to keep my a/c i just need to worry about the b-pipe then?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SmOkIneLf
swap is going to come with the axles..so only thing i really need to worry about is the b-pipe? i have a stock exhaust on my car now so hopefully when i get the b-pipe it should fit ok until i get a new exhaust..
i beleive the b and d exhaust mount up is all the same... i went rom a d16 to b16 in my civic and it all swapped perfect. if anything just get a b series header and call it good
Old 11-26-2008, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 93egSLEEPER
i beleive the b and d exhaust mount up is all the same... i went rom a d16 to b16 in my civic and it all swapped perfect. if anything just get a b series header and call it good

well i'm getting the complete swap from HMotorsonline.com so it's going to be coming with the exhaust manifold so i should be good to go then...if there is anything i am forgetting before i order this just anybody let me know. i already appreciate the help i got so quick already. thanks guys. i can't wait for my ls swap
Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would get a new clutch and flywheel. yes, the swap comes with it, but it's used, and hard enough to change later that it would probably be a good a idea to do it now. also, the swap may only come with the upper manifold, not the part that goes down under the engine then meets the cat, not sure, the b16a i got from them only had the upper, but i didn't get a complete swap, just the long block. also, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, which you have to do anyway to keep the 30 day warranty.