Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch?

Old 05-12-2003, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch?

Tell Your story, where did you get your hatches, whats done to yours, or maybe you wanna sell your hatch who knows. post your stories, and how you came about your hatch. @!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (airteck371)

only hatch owners

lol
Old 05-12-2003, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (vtecvoodoo)

It took me forever to find my hatchback. I searched the autotrader.com a few times a day and the news paper daily. I found a few along the way. Some weren't in the best shape, and other they were asking WAY too much. So I was just lucky enough to find my Si in good shape at a fair price. It wasn't one of those "I bought it off an old lady for $1000" deal.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (Targa250R)

i looked around for about 9 months and couldnt find any local. So one day i was on break at school and i picked up the school newspaper ,looked in the classified and seen an ad for a 93 hatch. So i called right then, and they told me the car hasnt arrived yet. So i called back the next 2 days and finally it came n i brought it for $3900 in Sept of 00. it is a 93 teal dx with 64xxx miles when i first got it.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (GAMEOVER 1.8)

I got mine from someone selling it on Honda-tech.com

They bought it with the intention of putting a b16a into it, but never got the funds. It is a 94 Teal CX hatch. I stripped it out the first day I had it and only a few months later (after finally selling my Si) I put in a USDM b18c1 swap. I just got rearended by a ******* truck Wednesday night and my car was deemed totalled today. I am now in search of a Phantom Grey hatch. I found a 92 model CX that is that color and am going to pick it up as soon as the insurance company cuts my check.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (airteck371)

Took me awhile to find mine. Waited for the right deal at the right place at the right time. Bought mine for 2300 with very minor dings on the body. I've always loved the 92-95 hatch, don't know why just do. As far as mods, look at my signature.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

found mine on autotrader.com june of 2000. i didnt know much about technical stuff back then. it came fixed up already, dropped, rims, b16, rare vinyl interior, and stereo system. SALVAGED though.

cost was 4900, we dropped it to 4800, wow, lol!

but after these years of acquired knowledge, it seems that my deal was still good at the time!

btw, 1992 cx blue hatchback
Old 05-12-2003, 12:18 PM

it took me a while to get mine. i got mine from some old guy in northern cali, he only used the hatch to go to town and get food and ****. the car had 60k miles on it when i got it because he rarely drove it and was also the first owner of the car. its a vx and its in good condition, and i paid 4k for it.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (Shu92)

i come across them every few months or so.
i've bought 5 hatches this year so far and sold 4 of them.
you juss gotta keep looking and search the newspapers and online.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (AznInvasion)

Found mine on mlive.com, paid $900 for it with a good body and tired motor.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (mattjohnston)

It took me about a week to find, mint interior, minor dents on hood, bone stock, first owner was a nice asian guy that took it to the dealer for EVERYTHING. A bit below bluebook
Old 05-12-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (MilanoRex)

Took forever to find one here.

95 red CX with A/C
almost mint condition

I would possible sell for 4k haha
Old 05-12-2003, 12:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (vw-honda-hatches

I bought my hatch from some white chick I met at band camp. She was a straight freak too!
Old 05-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sold my 91 si and bought a white 93 VX. It had a wrinkle dent in the rear quarter so I wanted to get rid of it. Sold it and was gonna get out of the Honda thing but then I found a really clean 94 CX with 64000 miles for cheap. bought it. The End.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (vw-honda-hatches

I bought mine from a friend of mine. I had been looking around for a coupe actually, but when I saw the si and the price, I couldnt resist. I got the 93 si for 2500. The engine was blown, so he put in a stock d16z6 for me with only 48,000 miles on it. My mods are not really mods at all..haha the standard i\h\e, and plus rims and such. Im not selling it, but I would be willing to trade
Old 05-12-2003, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i looked for one for 2 days and a friend told me about a blue si that was sitting on the street downtown, went by and bought it for $1900 the next day, perfect interior but with 180k(all driven by a lady to and from work from fredricksburg to DC).
Tips: make sure when you buy an engine swap from someone that they include all the pieces that they say, and that they work right.....i just got done with my swap and i bought it from someone on this board, in the end i ended up spending about $400 extra on **** that was missing or broken and went 2 weeks without a damn car......live and learn might sell it soon, but prolly not real cheap
Old 05-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually got mine off eBay. I searched for about 4 months before seeing exactly what I wanted on eBay - 1998 Silver DX hatch with AC and decent mileage. I bid on it and won the auction. I flew to West Palm Beach from Atlanta a couple days afterwards to look at the car. It was in good shape and everything checked out. I bought it and drove it 10 hours back to Atlanta (kinda a trial by fire). I've had the car almost a year now and it's been great. One of the few success stories I could tell you about buying a car on eBay.

My car is up for sale right now. Here's a link to the ad in the Classified's forum:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=497860

QE B96v6
Old 05-12-2003, 01:14 PM

March 13, 1992. 1992 Civic CX hatchback.

13 miles on the odometer.

$8750 with air conditioning.

Sold it yesterday to mrlegoman.

Shawn
Old 05-12-2003, 01:25 PM

Took me 6 months to find a stock hatch ( well some what stock ) - most of em here in atl seem to be half/ars swap attemps, wings, coffee cans and neon. Finally found mine at a dealership, traded a 01 gsr 28k for a 00 CX LOADED , had the CD player, OEM Raybrig fogs, painted spoiler w/tail light, auto, and hub caps w/52k miles. Engines in great shape, just tuned myself - interior same and a set of brand sprank'n new 14" rubber. The only "non" stockness of it was the right front fender and door had been replaced or repainted ( noticed the overspray, semi bad welds and missing VINs later of course ). But I've been up in it many times, everything seems fine.

COST:
8900@4.7% through HMC 7year 100k warranty which I didn't care for but they through it in - tards at the dealership wanted my GSR so baaad! And they cut me a check on the spot for 500$
SOLD: gsr I bought for 16k, they paid off my loan and also 2300 to the new car. I only had it several months, leak down discovered two bent valves and and 3rd syncro was going - previous owner did not take care of that car I'd be pissed if I didn't get such a good deal .

Long story short , payment dropped 95$/m insurance 800/y and saved over 35$/m in gas. I havn't decided what to put in or modify exsiting but by fall I hope to be back up to speed with my old teg

Old 05-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think i bought the last new EK in the midwest. bought it in june 2000 new from the dealer.. they had to search all the dealerships in the midwest and had a new one shipped from ohio. i drove it home.. took off the civic dx emblem, slapped on some tanabe sustec pro's, rims, short shifter, and intake on the first day.

Modified by mugen76 at 9:51 AM 5/13/2003
Old 05-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looked for 5 months for a 99-00 hatch, finally found one at a Ford dealership. They wanted 11,300, talked them down to $9k+Fees. Picked up the car that day. Next week it was slamed on shitty coil overs and stock shocks. 4 months later got my tokico H/P shocks (still shitty coilovers), 16" SlipStreams. Car was keyed a couple months later, stayed in the shop for 2 months, came out painted Range Rover Kent Green. Now I'm waiting for my 4x114.3 so I can put my CP-R's on and within 2 or 3 weeks I hope to have my 00 EX head on my DX block!

-Alex
Old 05-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it was easier to get laid then to find my hatch. i looked every-freakin day on autotrader.com, yahoo, cars.com, you name it, i looked. for about a month i was looking but all i see were cx's, vx's, and dx's. I was in the market for a clean Si, red or black. then at the last day of that month it was my luck to stumble upon my baby; a 93 granada black pearl Si. Came equiped w/ fields vtec cntrl, dc header, 5zigen fireball Can, 99 GSR swirlies, GC coilz with adjustable takico gas shocks. no major dents, but a few minor dings, the kind we all have. (dont you just hate those?) and to top it all off, its gotta dvd with tv player hooked up.
I couldnt let this bitch pass, so i called the guy that night and bought it the next morning. ohh it had 134,000 milez on it and payed 5 Gz for it. Might seem like alotta endz but. It was worth it. the moonroof is my favorite part of my hatch. sacrifice carrying a lil xtra weight for the love for wont kill me imo.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (AlphaQup)

Well, I wasn't in the market for a new car until I wrecked my 4door. After the wreck, I decided I wanted a hatchback, preferably Si, and it had to be black. Well, there was this 1992 Black Si hatch on my friends street that had been sitting in the same exact spot for over a month. I decided to shoot the **** and leave a note on the car. The next day the owner of the car calls me up and says "Hey, I got your note. I wasn't looking to sell the car for a little while, but I guess I can sell it now. Let's get together and talk." Well, after going to look at the car (practically perfect condition aside from slight oxidation on the roof) I walked away with the car for $2700.00 I was very happy that I found the exact car I was looking for and got it for, what I think, was a really good price.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch? (GAMEOVER 1.8)

i look for mine for about 3 months , i bought my EK 3years ago from a dealer and paid 8500 for it , and then everything began ...
Old 05-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while everybody talks about their cars, i would say that look out for rust and hidden body damage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hatch Owners Where'd You Get Your Hatch? stories, Tips, Wanna Sell Your Hatch?