Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

hasport drivers side mount only yea or nea

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hasport drivers side mount only yea or nea

cant really afford the whole set plus ive heard that the whole set causes alot of vibration. i really dont want to go with the oem post mount because the one i put in with my swap lasted about 6 months. i just need to know if it will be ok to run only the drivers hasport mount because the post mount seems to be the weakest of the oem mounts
Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: hasport drivers side mount only yea or nea

Yes, it will be just fine to only run the driver side mount.

Are you runing torque mounts?

Aftermarket mounts don't really casue that much vibartion. They will cause a little, but noithing major, unless you go with a solid mount or something.

Just run the softest aftermarket bushing you can.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have mixed feelings on this subject. Having one stiffer and one softer mount will cause uneven torquing of the motor under hard acceleration or launching which will in the long run just put more stress on the motor compared to the 2 soft mounts that are in it stock. Kind of a catch 22.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought of another route to take also. would installing a ingalls stiffy etd help save the oem mounts? if so i would go that route so i know i wont get vibrations from the engine
Old 03-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you runing torque mounts?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93egSLEEPER
I have mixed feelings on this subject. Having one stiffer and one softer mount will cause uneven torquing of the motor under hard acceleration or launching which will in the long run just put more stress on the motor compared to the 2 soft mounts that are in it stock. Kind of a catch 22.
I'm not an expert on this, so this is just an idea from an average guy.
What about just taking it easy until getting the other mounts? Don't launch, don't accelerate real hard, etc. It's a fair bit cheaper just buying the whole mount kit. If you could baby the car for a while and get by on a mount from the junkyard...

Or to have a little more even of hardness, get some urethane sealant (Window Weld, drive way crack sealer, etc) and fill in the OEM mounts? I know people have mixed opinions on this, but its an idea. I know it stiffens them up and the shortest I've heard it lasting is about a year. It'd let you see how stiffer motor mounts feel without being out much money. And if you'd rather have stock hardness, you could get an OEM driver's mount and just use the conversion bracket...or make one like a couple local guys have done.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I've had to rig things temporarily before. I've ran a D series alternator on a B series motor while waiting for a new alternator to come in. I had to use a couple brackets, a handful of bolts and the D series belt. I patched my exhaust with a soup can and clamps until my new pipe arrived in the mail. My brother had to leave a jump pack connected to drive his car home, and had to bungee strap lanterns to his fenders on his Yugo (known for their electrical problems). A less than ideal fix is sometimes what it takes to get by temporarily. Even now, I have to top my coolant off to get by until I finish my car. It's not I can't afford to fix it, it's time and the weather mostly.

Last edited by NotAJDMFanBoy; 03-27-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i may be using the wrong mount all together. when is did my swap i reused all of my d series mounts with the b series brackets. this is the mount that i need to replace because it is crushed causing the engine to sit off level
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...1151610647____
Old 03-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Aww just go with a solid mount, your girlfriend will love you for it
Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a 99 em1 and all i have is the driverside mount and it seems to do just fine you can feel a little bit of vibration but not too bad i get more vibration from the exhaust than the mount
Old 03-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by drifter033
i have a 99 em1 and all i have is the driverside mount and it seems to do just fine you can feel a little bit of vibration but not too bad i get more vibration from the exhaust than the mount
thank you i finally get a straight answer from sombody who has this issue
Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok. well i got the mount today and installed it. fired the car up and got instant vibration through the car. drove it around for a little while and after the car warmed up the vibration settled down a bit. you can still feel it while driving but not at a idle once the car is completely warmed up. it kind of feels like a lite massage im growing use to it. that is my two pennies