Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Has anyone had this much trouble with exhaust pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone had this much trouble with exhaust pipes?

I have been trying to replace my b-pipe (exhaust) for the past month. First I got my exhaust pipe from NAPA, tried to put it on but then realized the flange was the wrong one, so i took it back, waited a few days and then got a new one with the right flange(they ordered the wrong one).

YES! it fits!...i think??? Nope, it doesnt. The resinator hits my shift linkage so i had to take it off and take it back.

I finally got an OEM pipe from honda tonight, FINALLY something that fits....o s*it, no it doesnt. the metal stick that goes into the rubber mount is shaped wrong. im going to try to bend it with a hammer into place.

Seriously, even the OEM pipe wouldnt fit right

Has anyone had trouble like this?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone had this much trouble with exhaust pipes? (imadigitalgod)

Exhast is the first thing ricers do after a cone filter, so it is very possible that your exhaust is ghetto rigged.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone had this much trouble with exhaust pipes? (civicslayrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicslayrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exhast is the first thing ricers do after a cone filter, so it is very possible that your exhaust is ghetto rigged.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anyone had this much trouble with exhaust pipes? (ke98248)

definitely not, everything is stock on it...i will not allow any ghetto stuff on my car. the car was owned by a 36 year old lady that used it as a commuter car on the highway so i doubt she riced it out then put it back to stock herself, especially since she had honda do every type of maintenance thing to the car.

the resinator on the napa exhaust was way too far forward along the pipe, i even lighed it up wit hthe stock exhaust and it was too far forward.

This OEM one was perfect except for the metal piece that fits into the rubber mount; the very rear one.

I fixed it(bent it to match the stock exhaust) but still, iv worked on the exhaust so many times and im not even a ricer

I will never let a fart can exhaust on my car or any other ricer crap, i hate them and they should go to hell.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:49 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

What's the year, trim and body style (i.e., '98 Civic EX coupe)? Maybe there's more than one exhaust listed for your car or maybe you somehow got the wrong exhaust.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

i have a 99 civic EX made in america. i got the right part(checked 2 other dealerships). The part was a little dented(the resinator, only a few small ones, it wasnt bashed in or anything at all) so something probably bent the metal piece to where it was out of place.

the canadian, american and japanese have different part numbers for the exhaust but i made sure i had the right one.

it fits and it doenst sound like crap anymore(i.e. doestn sound like a ricer) from the rusted b-pipe joint.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (imadigitalgod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imadigitalgod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 99 civic EX made in america. i got the right part(checked 2 other dealerships). The part was a little dented(the resinator, only a few small ones, it wasnt bashed in or anything at all) so something probably bent the metal piece to where it was out of place.

the canadian, american and japanese have different part numbers for the exhaust but i made sure i had the right one.

it fits and it doenst sound like crap anymore(i.e. doestn sound like a ricer) from the rusted b-pipe joint. </TD></TR></TABLE>
There're actually only one b-pipe for your car.

PIPE B, EX.
18220-S01-A81

All '96-'00 Civic coupes were built in America. The '96-'00 hatches were built in Canada and the '96-'00 sedans were the only cars built in either America, Canada or Japan (depending on the vehicle).

Sorry to go a little off topic, but this will at least help you know that there shouldn't be an issue on where your car was built.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
There're actually only one b-pipe for your car.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

its probably the thing was made wrong or someone bent the part on the one i got