Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Has anyone bought of "Majestic Honda"

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone bought of "Majestic Honda"

has anyone every bought or have any experiance with matestic honda. i remember reading something awhile ago about how slow they ship out. i was looking to buy a drivers fender and a em1 lip off there but want some feedback and past experiance from others about this site. thanks h-t!

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm
Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Has anyone bought of "Majestic Honda"

They're reliable and their prices are fair.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they charge like $12.95 shipping even if I order a tiny $3 part that I know only costs $2-3 to ship if they had used USPS. This downside doesn't apply to you of course since you are buying a fender and the shipping charge for that will probably be more true to how much it actually costs them to ship it.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks that was very informative!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
They're reliable and their prices are fair.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they charge like $12.95 shipping even if I order a tiny $3 part that I know only costs $2-3 to ship if they had used USPS. This downside doesn't apply to you of course since you are buying a fender and the shipping charge for that will probably be more true to how much it actually costs them to ship it.
True.

I've bought a lot of little odds and ends from them over the years and never had a problem, although their shipping is slower and more expensive than I think it should be.

Good prices though, and they're fairly reputable, considering they are an actual Honda dealer in Rhode Island.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:29 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

I agree with these guys. The prices are great but they rape you on the shipping and handling.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have had a lot of bad luck with slow shipping, incomplete orders shipped (saying they were shipped complete), and parts being damaged because they did not take care to isolate fragile parts (valve stem seals rolling around in the bottom of the box with cast iron engine brackets smashing them). Their prices are good and I have a couple friends that have had good luck with them. Took me nearly 2 months to get a set of LMA's (my last order I made) and I had to call twice to tell them that they did not get the order right (first time, said order shipped complete but they only sent 1 LMA, second time, they sent the "rest" but left one sitting on the shelf. Last shipment, I got the last LMA).

The valve stem seal thing still has me mad. Yeah, they are cheap but some of them fell out of the bottom of the box in transit and many of the ones that remained in the box were smashed. I think I ordered 4 complete sets and I ended up with one good set.

Seems if you order things they have in stock, the orders ship rather quickly. My next order will be with someone else; no doubt about it.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive ordered from them for years and never had a problem, even little nuts, bolts, clips and gaskets and other oddball stuff they always get the order right in my experience. The shipping for me is pretty quick but thats probably because im on the east coast, it is expensive though so I try to order a decent amount to offset that. Cant beat their prices on oem parts. I'd also agree that sometimes their packaging does leave a little to be desired but I havent had anything damaged yet.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've ordered a good amount of odds and ends from them, only time i've ever had slow shipping was when i got a y8 head gasket kit, they had to pull from another warehouse. But other than that i get it in 3 days one time got it in 2, but then again they are in RI and i'm in NC so that had a lot to do with it.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no experiance with majestic. But have placed several orders through HondaPartsUnlimited and have had no problems. There shipping to is a bit over the edge and when buying bolts and little odd and end things, you need to order quite alot or you will leave the shopping cart feeling like you just got raped. But there ship times have been very fast. I had to order some odd bolts for a CR-V week before last and they sent and email saying some parts had to be special ordered. I still got everything within a week. So you might want to check out Honda Parts Unlimited.. Just some food for thought. I also have checked back to back with majestic and partsunlimited and on quite alot of occassions & found partsunlimited a bit cheaper.

Sorry if anyone considers this a threadjack.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive ordered from both majestic and hondapartsunlimited. cant complain about either place.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FRKWOO
i was looking to buy a drivers fender
Call Majestic or any other online parts dealer about shipping fenders (= quarter panels). Packing and shipping of these has to be done with much more care, since they flex so much. Last time I checked a few years ago, the cost of shipping a fender argued for buying from my local dealer. As an alternative, if you have a junkyard near you, it may be worth checking regularly.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Big, heavy stuff I buy local...

Majestic has been ok for me. I agree the shipping is way expensive, but if you order a lot it isn't bad. They don't pack things well, I recieved an oil pump and some other stuff just stuffed in the oil pump's box and they slapped a shipping tag on that. I was bored once and if you're ordering a fair bit of stuff, just about all the sites are within a few bucks when you total it out including shipping.

Or some people have said they've gotten prices off majestic and gone to their local dealership. I'm probably just going to try that next time.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^lujcaks is a ripppp off. and customer service there is horrrible.
there is also. http://www.handa-accessories.com/ nice honda place too
Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I love to drive

Spreen Honda had a few threads in the Marketplace. They were giving discounts on oem parts. But you had to call the guy up directly, so maybe it was more of a "hook up" deal.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
Or some people have said they've gotten prices off majestic and gone to their local dealership. I'm probably just going to try that next time.
I've done that countless times. The local Honda parts dealer doesn't want to budge on their prices, but the local Acura parts dept. does. Thank goodness my civic has compatible parts from the Integra.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

edit
Old 01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never had a problem with them
Old 01-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just bought the fender and lip
Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
I have no experiance with majestic. But have placed several orders through HondaPartsUnlimited and have had no problems. There shipping to is a bit over the edge and when buying bolts and little odd and end things, you need to order quite alot or you will leave the shopping cart feeling like you just got raped. But there ship times have been very fast. I had to order some odd bolts for a CR-V week before last and they sent and email saying some parts had to be special ordered. I still got everything within a week. So you might want to check out Honda Parts Unlimited.. Just some food for thought. I also have checked back to back with majestic and partsunlimited and on quite alot of occassions & found partsunlimited a bit cheaper.

Sorry if anyone considers this a threadjack.
+1 on HondaPartsUnlimited. I used to order a lot from Majestic, but always had long ship times because they take forever to send it out. I tried HondaPartsUnlimted and they seem to ship quickly. Plus when a part has to be special ordered, they will email you within 2 days. When I ordered from Majestic in the past, I had to call about a week after to find out things were not shipped because of a special order situation.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Reject Papi

man, i just priced the little push screws for the grille on my 97 coupe, and they want almost 3 bucks apiece! wow. other stuff seems fairly priced. and they are one of the sponsor's for honda-tech. can't be that bad of a place.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I WOKE UP THIS MOURNING AND GOT A CALL FROM 401 AREA CODE (WOONSOCKET,RL) AND IT WAS MAJESTIC SAYING THEY CAN NOT COMPLETE MY ORDER DUE TO FENDER AND LIP BEING A OVERSIZED ITEM AND THEY FULLY REFUNDED MY MONEY. WTF IS THIS?!??!?!?!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had pretty good luck with majestic. Shipping was always prompt for me. I have also purchased some stuff from www.hondapartsnow.com and the prices were quite a bit cheaper and didn't have the extra handling charge that majestic had. The shipping was a bit slower though.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I WOKE UP THIS MOURNING AND GOT A CALL FROM 401 AREA CODE (WOONSOCKET,RL) AND IT WAS MAJESTIC SAYING THEY CAN NOT COMPLETE MY ORDER DUE TO FENDER AND LIP BEING A OVERSIZED ITEM AND THEY FULLY REFUNDED MY MONEY. WTF IS THIS?!??!?!?!
That sucks but it sounds reasonable.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its bullshit......now im waiting for my money back to buy off hondapartsunlimited, its gonna be about $115.00 more for the shipping cost on hondapartsunlimited...
Old 01-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its bullshit......now im waiting for my money back to buy off hondapartsunlimited, its gonna be about $115.00 more for the shipping cost on hondapartsunlimited...
Usually bigger metal parts like that they don't ship for liability reasons. That stuff bends/dents way to easily. You might want to buy the fender locally.

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought of "Majestic Honda"