Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!!

Old 10-09-2001, 03:10 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!!

Any personal opnions or anything that you have heard about these coilvoers??

Good Quality? Hows the handling?

Cost of the coilvoers?

Worth it?
Old 10-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (azn_outlaw)

good for lowering...bad for handling
Old 10-09-2001, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (azn_outlaw)

I agree with DragII. Most any spring/damper combo will be fine for the street assuming you don't compress the shock too much such that it has virtually no travel. For best performance however, I'd stick with something more well known. It would be good to know who actually designed and manufacturers Arospeed's dampers. If it's a good company like Koni or even KYB and Tokico, then they may be decent, but that info will prolly be very hard to find (I doubt any of their product guys that answer the phone will know who the designer was). Otherwise, I don't think Arospeed has had enough experience in damper design to properly know how to valve their dampers for optimal handling and ride. Depends on what's more important to you...looks or max performance. For most ppl, they won't ever take their lowered car to any where near its limits.
Old 10-09-2001, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (bhcvc)

have ya heard of APC?
Old 10-09-2001, 08:11 PM
LL
New User

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (spnhb)

Research carefully before buying off brand stuff, especially suspension. I bought a set of R1 dual coilover a while back and it was terrible. If branded full coilover is too expensive, then go with what most people use. Like KYB, Tokico and etc. Then buy the coilover like GC, Skunks or something. If the suspension is not good, not only the ride is terrible. Handling is bad too. Good Luck.

LL
Old 10-20-2001, 11:20 PM
New User

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (LL)

Math equasion ; AEROSPEED=****....bottom line.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (letmeinn)

yes sir eee, that be the truth... even their cf replica parts are crapola fit and finish.
Old 10-21-2001, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (letmeinn)

Furthermore: Arospeed=Ghetto. Therefore, if Ghetto=Cheap, and Cheap=****, then we must conclude that Arospeed=Cheap ****.
Old 10-21-2001, 02:45 PM
New User

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (AshlandSi)

What does Skunk2 equal, because I hat my Skunk2 Coilover sleeves.
Old 10-21-2001, 04:23 PM
Banned

Location: at last finally back to sweet home, sunny north cali, usa
Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (slowerthanu

umm. what's wrong with your skunk2 coilovers? they are perfectly good. every time some one reports a problem with them it always narrows down to 1. bad install (some just can't read/follow instruction); common mistake = no o ring install, or they forgot the metal rings for the front sleeve, or they put the dust boot back, or they forgot to cut the bump stop 2. if it rides bad the shocks are gone.

i have skunk2 with kyb agx in my delsol with over 30k miles. they are a good cheap effective combo.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (slowerthanu

for the money.. go with ground control. Their really inexpensive and you can even have custom spring rates for a little more.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Has anybody here ever hear of Arospeed GEN II FUll coilovers? Any opnions welcome!! (AshlandSi)

how about this way...

cosAROSPEEDtan

Furthermore: Arospeed=Ghetto. Therefore, if Ghetto=Cheap, and Cheap=****, then we must conclude that Arospeed=Cheap ****.
LOL......well to be honest if I wanna go for coilovers. I will get something that's from a reliable brand name. Koni/ERS, ZEAL, Ohlins, DMS, Buddy Club, SPOON/Mugen(SHOWA) are some of the best exmaples. Koni/ERS might be the cheapest choice. I will choose SPOON, ZEAL, Buddy Club or Ohlins myself.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:28 PM
New User

umm. what's wrong with your skunk2 coilovers? they are perfectly good. every time some one reports a problem with them it always narrows down to 1. bad install (some just can't read/follow instruction); common mistake = no o ring install, or they forgot the metal rings for the front sleeve, or they put the dust boot back, or they forgot to cut the bump stop 2. if it rides bad the shocks are gone.

i have skunk2 with kyb agx in my delsol with over 30k miles. they are a good cheap effective combo.

Oh no, they are not defective or broken, and it was a proper install. Nothing on my car is inproperly installed. I just dont like riding on the bump stops all the time. I suppose I could get a shock with a Shortened body and shaft but I dont even know who makes them.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:44 PM
Banned

Location: at last finally back to sweet home, sunny north cali, usa

uhh, how low is your car? did you cut the bump stops to half? if you are really riding on bump stops your car must be slammed... and on the front the upper arms will probably hit the frame before the shocks fully bottom out. if you don't like riding on bump stocks. raise it up slightly.

in any case, why are you blaming the coilover itself?
Old 10-22-2001, 05:56 PM
New User

No it is about halfway down onthe perches in the rear and about 2/3 down in front, on the street I hit the bumpstops. I cant cut the bumpstops, atleast not on the Tokico illuminas, I have hit the Upper arms before, but only once
Old 10-22-2001, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

APC? EEW! Their stuff sucks... I made the mistake of buying a APC short throw shifter back in the day... it is total shi*...
Old 10-26-2001, 11:25 PM
New User

What is the spring rate on your coilovers? It should not be riding like that if you are not slammed. I have GCs on my EG. I have it pretty low and I still don't bottom out.