Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Has anybody ever dealt with Redline Autosports?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody ever dealt with Redline Autosports?

I don't know if you guys have been to groupbuycenter.com lately. Redline Autosports set up a groupbuy on JDM motors straight from their vendors in Osaka, Japan. I believe they're asking:

JDM 94-97 GSR motor $2600 + shipping
JDM B16A2 $1850 + shipping
H22A (A4 is USDM) $1850 + shipping
JDM B16B (Civic Type R) $3600 + shipping
JDM K20A $6500 + shipping

It seems like a pretty good price to me has anyone dealt with them before.
Thanx in advance.
Oh yeah I did a search but there were like 14 pages on the "Where you got your motor..." thread.

[Modified by jdmhatchie, 10:38 AM 10/17/2002]
Old 10-17-2002, 10:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Has anybody ever dealt with Redline Autosports? (jdmhatchie)

The owner of the store who is also a H-T member, wrote about this groupbuy...

Hi everyone. I guess its my turn to put in my two cents. My name is Regan and I am the host of the groupbuy on GroupbuyCenter. The B18C-R motor groupbuy is geared to be one of the lowest prices around. The guys at Osaka Motors have done extensive research and they just want to beat everyone else in the JDM motor market. They are actually owned by a much larger company in japan that exports Diesel engines and full cars to countries in Asia. This new division called Osaka Motors is their attempt to build their presence in the Northern American market.
Redline Autosport is based in Southern California in Irvine in a small home office. We started in an office on the east coast in Durham, NC. For more information about us, http://www.redlineautosport.com/v2.0...hp?category=97.

The motors are located in a warehouse in Quebec, Canada. They have hundreds of motors and they get about 4 fifty-foot containers a month worth of motors. Osaka Motors has much much more than just Honda/Acura motors so if you need anything Nissan, Toyota, Subaru...etc, I would recommend these guys also.

Now that you know a little bit more about these two companies, let me explain what Redline Autosport is doing. We are screening new buyer requests for Osaka Motors and we hope to be one of their future USA distribution management centers. We will provide all answers to customer inquiries and once we believe a customer is ready to purchase, we will forward the order to them. We do not touch any of the money.

I hope that clears things up.