Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

harrassed by cops?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harrassed by cops?!?

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if some of ya'll could put some incidents on here of like when you were stopped by the cops for stupid-*** reasons or of times you were being harrassed just because you were driving a honda or because you're young or something stupid like that because my b/f was pulled over for racing and got our car towed but he wasn't even racing!! what happen was he was talkin to his friend in the car next to him and his friend slowed down to turn and my b/f kept going and the cop was bein a d*ck and got him for racing, expired tags, no ins, and no registration. so for him to take to court i'd like some stories from you guys to prove the cops harrass honda drivers.

plz and THANK YOU!!

~JOYSI~
Old 10-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: harrassed by cops?!? (joysi)

this thread belongs in the general discussion & debate forum
just a tip to help you out, youll get a lot more out of this site if you read the rules at the top of this forum and learn how to use the search function
Old 10-18-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: harrassed by cops?!? (Art In Motion)

this topic does belong somewhere else. and if you have expired tabs, no ins, i mean come on, how is the cop harassing you. If you are going to prove a case, don't break the law that bad.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:12 PM

Ok, first we did have expired tags, but I paid for them and I was waiting for them to come to me and I have and have always had insurance since I was 16, sorry for posting this in the wrong place, I'm new trying to figure this out!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah he got the car towed because of the expired tags, no registration and I'm assuming he had no insurance since you said you did. Even if you have insurance, he's not on your insurance so he wasn't leagally supposed to be driving the car. And if the tags were expired, then you can't drive the car until you get the new ones. That's why it was towed, not because the cop was just an a$$. He may have been pulled over for something he didn't do, but if all those other things didn't happen too then chances are he could have talked his way out of it. So what happened wasn't harassment, it was the cop doing his legal rights. I mean it sucks but he shouldn't have been driving in the first place.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joysi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the cop was bein a d*ck and got him for racing, expired tags, no ins, and no registration.
plz and THANK YOU!!

~JOYSI~</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it didnt get to you yet, then it was still expired because you didnt have proof at the time, No insurance (how did u renew ur tag without ins?) and no registration obviously if ur tag was expired, they should combine the tag and registration as one ticket because it comes together....

Either way ur BF was kind of a dumbass if he aint have the above and was still driving around.. Stay off the road because then when u crash into someone like me, I have to pay for it and u get off the hook because u aint got no insurance...

So basically YOU DESERVED IT, to the PD....
Old 10-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your boyfriend deservers it, no insurance, no proof of registration, expired tags. Expired tags alone should keep him off the road, knowing as soon as a cop looks at them he is getting pulled over. I guess this is something you learn when you get older.

Cops do not harass people for no good reason. Obviously you guys were breaking the law and the cop did his job. He didn’t write you a ticket for street racing so you have no grounds for defense. Go to court watch the judge tell you the same thing.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: harrassed by cops?!? (hondab1015)

man ...... of all the places in california , you go around driving with no tags/insure in modesto ! not a good idea.

p.s i hope you got a good alarm , cause they be gettin ya out there!
Old 10-18-2004, 02:17 PM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: harrassed by cops?!? (hondab1015)

this thread is pointless.. your coming here looking for us to stick up for your BFs neglogence.. most of us aren't young kids that will side with you. personally i think if you at a street race you have the right to be questioned.. i mean think about it. you wont get any help from me.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joysi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey everyone, I was just wondering if some of ya'll could put some incidents on here of like when you were stopped by the cops for stupid-*** reasons or of times you were being harrassed just because you were driving a honda or because you're young or something stupid like that because my b/f was pulled over for racing and got our car towed but he wasn't even racing!! what happen was he was talkin to his friend in the car next to him and his friend slowed down to turn and my b/f kept going and the cop was bein a d*ck and got him for racing, expired tags, no ins, and no registration. so for him to take to court i'd like some stories from you guys to prove the cops harrass honda drivers.

plz and THANK YOU!!

~JOYSI~</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats his fault if u dont have the cash to get new plates or get insurance then you shouldnt be driving. Its a priveledge not a right.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: harrassed by cops?!? (spock_rocker)

way to go! comon sense says, no inusurance, no registration, no drive car. some people just don't understand that though. anyways I drive a red hatch and got pulled over once sometimes twice a day for about a week for not having a front plate until i found where i put it, and i have three other friends that all drive honda's/acura's with no front plate and don't even get bothered and a couple of them have body kits and **** and i'm stock, other than the drop.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by joysi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, first we did have expired tags, but I paid for them and I was waiting for them to come to me </TD></TR></TABLE>

Driving is a privelege and you have to do what it takes to uphold the law.

Lets say someone gets pulled over on the way to get their Drivers licence at DMV. You can't say, I was on my way to get it right now. Can you give me a break? NO. you have to have your licence on hand when you drive.

Its the same thing as registration. make sure you have it on there before you start driving to prevent these situations.

you're BF has no case in court. He technically wasnt obeying the law at the time he was driving. so he deserves what the judge gives him.