Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside

What a crazy Halloween evening...while going 65-70 on the highway a deer appears out of nowhere and slams right into the driver's side of my car. Definitely gave me a Halloween-worthy scare cause it all happened so fast and unexpectedly. As for my car the hood has a huge dent, driver's side fender is done, corner is done, mirror is done, and the door has a huge indentation on it right below the handle. As for the deer, I have no clue if it's dead or not. It went flying off to the side after the impact. For the MD locals, this occurred on 270 South right around the Montrose rd. exit. Anyways, on to the pics...

Banged up fender and corner light:

Close up of fender:

Duct taped mirror and if you look at the door right below the handle you can see the huge indentation:

Busted EG6 corner:

Strands of deer hair still attached to the rims:

Yea, it could of been alot worse but the situation still sucks big time. Still debating whether or not I should report to insurance or just pay out of my own pocket. I made a few posts in the classifieds forum, but if anyone has a spare OEM black hood or possibly CF hood, EG6 corners, or black power mirrors...please help a fellow HT member out! Hope all you guys enjoyed your Halloween evening.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (Dangydang)

Glad your ok...car doesn't look TOO bad
Old 10-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks
Old 10-31-2003, 09:54 PM

Default Re: (stock93cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stock93cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sucks</TD></TR></TABLE>

says it all
Old 10-31-2003, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (sickSOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickSOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Glad your ok...car doesn't look TOO bad</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks...yea I was fine, just a bit shaken up from being scared shitless. The damage could of been alot worse since I was going 65-70, especially if it was a head on collision. Still sucks though, but oh well.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (Dangydang)

i dont know about the MD region but in TO if u report a claim ur insurance rates will go up... now thats something u dont need.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (Navid OG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know about the MD region but in TO if u report a claim ur insurance rates will go up... now thats something u dont need.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, I'm pretty sure that this one's coming out of my pocket.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can't you say the deer jumped out at you while you were driving? im sure your insurance can help cover some of the damage because THE DEER HIT YOU, you didn't hit the deer.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (iriemark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iriemark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can't you say the deer jumped out at you while you were driving? im sure your insurance can help cover some of the damage because THE DEER HIT YOU, you didn't hit the deer.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, the deer did jump out at the car. Problem with insurance is that the rates will most likely go up if I report it to them even though I was not at fault.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (iriemark)

yeah but insurance companies work on the amount of claims made... now it does not matter if ur at fault or not (well in TO) .... i highley recomend u do it urself...

fenders are cheap, and the mirrors u can find at Junk Yard, the only major cost i see is the hood where u can get a CF hood ...
Old 10-31-2003, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (Navid OG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah but insurance companies work on the amount of claims made... now it does not matter if ur at fault or not (well in TO) .... i highley recomend u do it urself...

fenders are cheap, and the mirrors u can find at Junk Yard, the only major cost i see is the hood where u can get a CF hood ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any idea how much it would be to repair the doorskin? If you look at the pic of the mirror, you can somewhat makeout the huge indentation below the door handle. Just look for the distorted reflection.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:16 PM

i dont think it would be too much... as long as the paint is not chipped its all good... there is a kit that pop's dents right out, and if that wont work it should not be too much all they have to do is re-paint ur door which will be like 50-100 bucks depending on the shop.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry about your car
but those are some damn good pics, especially the last one. so much detail
Old 10-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (blackhatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry about your car
but those are some damn good pics, especially the last one. so much detail </TD></TR></TABLE>

Canon Powershot A70 represent!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dangydang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Canon Powershot A70 represent!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hear soo many good things about that camera........

but anyways, back on topic
Old 10-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hope the deer was fine i mean you and the car
Old 10-31-2003, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (ReaL JDM Eg6)

aren't deer stupid?

be glad your ok, it could have been MUCH worse - and your car doesn't look TOO bad; its fixable, probably for less than a grand.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the car doesnt look too bad glad youre okay man
Old 10-31-2003, 10:53 PM

Not to sound like an ***, but here.. if you say you fell asleep, it doesn't go against you, and your insurance should not go up.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...damn, sorry to hear that...

...I seen a lot of deer today, I was at the park tonight w/ my GF and saw 12 deer pass by infront of us.

...I swear, we were just talking about the weather
Old 10-31-2003, 11:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont think it would be too much... as long as the paint is not chipped its all good... there is a kit that pop's dents right out, and if that wont work it should not be too much all they have to do is re-paint ur door which will be like 50-100 bucks depending on the shop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hate to break it to ya man but that door is gonna cost a lot more than 50-100 bucks to fix and/or repaint, and that "Ding King" **** don't work.

I had someone back into my door and leave a small dent in it above the trimline, basically just a small vertical dent, and it cost about 450-some odd dollars to have the proper body work done and have the door repainted and tinted to match my faded old paint. Now, that will be significantly less if you do the body work yourself (or get a whole new door), and also do your own RnR (remove and re-install) of trim parts and such, but it's still not going to be that low.

Good luck man, deer suck. I've come so close to hitting them way too many damn times living where I live. I know one of these days it's going to happen eventually.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (blackhatchy)

glad youre ok

i live around columbia and i see dear all the time

you should get those deer horn things

you put them on your bumper and the air flowing through them creates a high pitched noise that drives deer away.

they loook like ****, so i have them mounted underneath my bumper upside down so they are hidden.

good luck, and sorry bro
Old 10-31-2003, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (JohnnyTequila)

how's the deer?? ran away??

glad u are okay
Old 10-31-2003, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (JohnnyTequila)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnnyTequila &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">glad youre ok

i live around columbia and i see dear all the time

you should get those deer horn things

you put them on your bumper and the air flowing through them creates a high pitched noise that drives deer away.

they loook like ****, so i have them mounted underneath my bumper upside down so they are hidden.

good luck, and sorry bro</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha wow. i wish they made one that kept cops away.....
Old 11-01-2003, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside (DubbleD)

poor deer...

Quick Reply: Happy Halloween!!! My hatch just got owned by a deer...5 pics inside