Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Handling Improvement

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handling Improvement

I have a 98 EK hb and i'm sure u all know that handling is one of the most important for a FF. Do i get better handling if i get wider tires? will wider tires also make your car slower? also what's the width of the tires that the Civics and integras use for autocross and other races that demands a lot of handling?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Handling Improvement (EKcivic1230)

tires determine how well you stick to the road, they play a minor role in handling. just get some nice sticky tires like the nittto neo gens and you will be able to take turns better.

you have to have suspension upgrades and other things to get better handling. traction bars, better shocks/springs, sway bars can read up on these in my suspension thread in my sig below.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Handling Improvement (civictildeath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tires determine how well you stick to the road, they play a minor role in handling. just get some nice sticky tires like the nittto neo gens and you will be able to take turns better.

you have to have suspension upgrades and other things to get better handling. traction bars, better shocks/springs, sway bars can read up on these in my suspension thread in my sig below.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tires do play a major role in handling.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Handling Improvement (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tires do play a major role in handling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not gonna argue with you cause they are whats touching the ground. but,

do you get better handling out of a set of tires or suspension upgrades like i mentioned??

granted tires are best bang for the buck on handling but i cant see starting with something that will be gone before i get more done handling wise. im doing all the bars and shoxks/springs upgrades first that way im not wasting money on good tires to be worn out when i get it all done. but thats me

now put them together and you got it made