Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Had my Si Cluster for 5 minutes, and I love it............ but it's not "plug and play"

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had my Si Cluster for 5 minutes, and I love it............ but it's not "plug and play"

I'll post pics up tonight when I get off work. Just got it from my business office at my apartment. Stupid UPS man didn't even bring it to my door. Installed that thing and I love it. I installed it into a 99 DX model Civic. My main concern was that since my OE cluster had no tach, that when I put the Si Cluster in the tach it wouldn't work. Well I plugged up as much as I could and the tach, mph, fuel, and temp gauges all work fine. The only wierd thing is that there is a plug still back there just hanging, unplugged. Did I mention my Civic is an auto? I figured that plug was for the gear selector lights P,R,N,D,2,1, but most of the lights work, except my door open alert thingy (don't know the technical name). I also need to turn back the odometer. I've taken off the plastic and tried using a screwdriver to turn back the numbers but they don't move. Now I'm chipping paint off some of the numbers. Any idea as to what I should do??

Please hold your flames on the auto DX Civic. Saturday it will be a 5 speed, and I'll post on how that went as well.

BTW: anyone want a DX Cluster???
Old 06-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Had my Si Cluster for 5 minutes, and I love it............ but it's not "plug and play" (Jswpstd

I believe the numbers can and will get misaligned if you try to turn them from the front. I believe you have to go inside the cluster to turn them. Why bother and take the chance ruining your cluster. Just write down the miles on the motor and the mileage of the cluster at time of install.

I did this with my GSR cluster. No way I'm taking a chance and rolling it forward 10k to match the motor.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Had my Si Cluster for 5 minutes, and I love it............ but it's not "plug and play" (Jswpstd

Yeah I was thinking that, I don't really want to **** of this nice cluster over 7k miles. "by the way, if you have the means, I definitely reccommend picking one up, it is so choice"
Old 06-24-2003, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I was thinking that, I don't really want to **** of this nice cluster over 7k miles. "by the way, if you have the means, I definitely reccommend picking one up, it is so choice"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a GSR cluster in my Eg. It 0wnz at night:

Post pics when you get a chance of the Si cluster.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:25 AM

Before

After
Old 06-24-2003, 06:34 AM

Actually in some states it would be required to change the cluster to match the actual miles of the car.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:46 AM
Banned

Yeah, i did it to my DX cluster. But i took them both appart and matched the miles.

Infact im selling it if anyone wants it just look at the sig i bought it with 14K on it, and swapped my miles in... but i put the 14K odometer back in... its still in perfect condtion, and works perfectly.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:52 AM

Well I have a fellow H-T member coming over this weekend to do a auto to 5 speed swap, maybe he'll know how to do it. I sure don't
Old 06-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend got an SI cluster for his DX, to fix his odometer, he just took out the one from his DX and put it in the SI one, that way it's EXACT milage. Not that hard, I helped him out with it. Looks the same. Can't tell you changed it, looks STOCK SI!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:53 AM

i like the idea of switching over the numbers. i couldn't do it b/c i have a CTR cluster (kmh) oh well.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:49 AM

could the extra plug be for the cruise control wiring?
Old 06-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extra wiring : SRS
Old 06-24-2003, 10:13 AM
TheAutoboxer

Default Re: (STN_Pat)

i got the euro one, km/h, tach, and my car is an auto, works fine. Also glows amber/orange at night, has a good look
Old 06-24-2003, 10:15 AM

How do u like the automatic DX Redline 6400 RPM, haha so low
Old 06-24-2003, 10:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do u like the automatic DX Redline 6400 RPM, haha so low</TD></TR></TABLE>

read my sig!

auto to 5-speed - this weekend

GSR swap - next summer

P.S. the extra plug wiring was from my car. I figure it is the gear selection lights
Old 06-24-2003, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to find out how to change the mileage.. search for it. I made a DIY on this with a picture a while back.. you can't just poke them or you'll break it.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:09 PM

Forgot to mention, I love the amber lighting!!!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:19 PM

do you notice at night there are still two(?) bulbs that are blue shining down into the cluster? i think it ruins the amber effect...i am trying to order amber replacments...the dashes are the same so i am assuming they make the bulbs in amber.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:27 PM

if you find some, let me know
Old 06-24-2003, 07:38 PM

so you DO notice it then? i thought it was just me!?!?
Old 06-24-2003, 10:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

read my sig!

auto to 5-speed - this weekend

GSR swap - next summer

P.S. the extra plug wiring was from my car. I figure it is the gear selection lights</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would i talk ****, i got a automatic 4 door DX, with the same thing, it pluged and worked fine for me.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jus wanted to share...
Old 06-25-2003, 06:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would i talk ****, i got a automatic 4 door DX, with the same thing, it pluged and worked fine for me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stuff like that I don't understand. There was no extra plug? Does you open door light come on??
Old 06-25-2003, 06:16 AM

I did it in my EG, and I think the extra plug is for the Vtec light, that's all I could think of.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:32 AM

Looks good!

Quick Reply: Had my Si Cluster for 5 minutes, and I love it............ but it's not "plug and play"