Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Had an accident in 96 civic SI *canada)

Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had an accident in 96 civic SI *canada)

mods delete pls

Last edited by Integra4lyfe069; 01-31-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Vietnamese!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Had an accident in 96 civic SI *canada)

Don't go to dealer they will rape you.Go to the junkyard instead.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance will still pay you, even if you fix it yourself.

And "hit and runs" are usually nice keywords for "it's my fault and I don't want to tell anybody"

So A) What really happened, and B) Why not call insurance, afraid of higher premiums?

Anyways, as far as your car is concerned:
I hate buying junkyard parts, but that is always an option.

Also, buying from an OEM dealership online is an option, like 280 + shipping there, though that's US (our EX, since ur SI).

You can also buy from a knock-off place. Hondas, since they are cheaeper, are less "exact" - ie - if you buy knock off body parts for a newer VW, or Audi, or Porsche, they won't fit right, but as far as cheaper cars, such as civics go, they fit 100%. And no, btw, I don't care if anybody takes that "personally" because they refuse to accept the fact their decade old civic isn't at the level of an aston martin because they have a boosted GSR.

In any event, knockoff parts fit civics 100% fine. So that's the path I would go down. You can buy a knockoff hood for a civic for like 150 and nobody would know the difference, it's made out of the same material, it will fit exactly the same. Only difference would be that is there's a Honda stamp on it some place - there won't be there, and usually they don't come with the "H" symbol. There's a company in Jersey called POY that sells them. Fit civics just fine, nobody can tell the difference as they appear 100% OEM and the material is 100% OEM.

Then you just paint it and you're fine.

I'd like to know the real story, but whatever.

Good luck with it.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in canadas i know the 195 civis r si's

so i jus ask him for the si hood?

which years do they range from so i can ask for a hood from a civic from year-year

what im asking is which year civics with hoods will fit right on my year of civic?

16-00?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have a 96, any 96-98 Civic hood will fit.

You claim it was a hit and run, but if that was the case you should have followed him. Clearly you were in the vehicle at the time, otherwise you wouldn't know it was a "truck with a hitch" that hit you.

Nobody here cares if it was your fault or someone else's. There's no point bullshitting about it. You think we aren't going to offer help if it was your fault?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Vietnamese!

i woulda chase him down just to get his license plate
Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heh

Last edited by Integra4lyfe069; 01-30-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM

Man good luck! Those people are dirt bags that do that type of stuff.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check tigerjapanese.com i got a bumper and fender for like 100
Old 01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thetunersource
Man good luck! Those people are dirt bags that do that type of stuff.
op is a dirtbag. i hope cops are reading this and whoever you hit gets their insurance money
Old 01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Integra4lyfe069
aight well what happened is this:

Well i bought a 1996 civic si from a private sale, paid cash and when he transfered it to my name i sold the car to my mom for 1$ and re registered it in her name because my ins is ****ed, this is why myother car is parked in garage hehe.

So i put the car in her name and i was out getting things done im suposed to toe the car around and get the etest and safety etc etc done, but i havnt been toeing it, i put my other cars plates on it to get it around town for everything needed.

anyway using my other cars plates registered to my other car on my moms newly bought 1996 honda civic si , meanwhile this car the honda isnt certified or rdy for the road or safetied or insured etc.

So week goes by of me getting things done.

I got it safetied
I got it insured
I got it all fixed and ready to go, i went in for an ETEST was my final thing before i could goto ministry and get the car plated fully in her name and everything set and a new ownership because this one currently says unfit/unplated.

Turns out i have eveyrthing i need cept for my etest because it failed.. We inspect the problem and it turns out to be a hollowed out cat. previous owner hollowed the cat for more speed or w/e reason.

So i left there to go buy a new cat at the shop cross town.

I bought the cat and was on my way back to the shop to put it on and at my right of way at an intersection i start to go and some idiot runs the stop sign and i tbone him.. 3 witnesses got my plates on the honda , but these plates were registered to my acura.

what happened was i ran from the scene due to the fact not having ownership/fit for the road/plates etc, i wulda been ****ed cause i caused mad dmg on the cars passenger side door.

there was no truck involved i hit a car. the cops went to my place later that night after i put the plates back on my acura and found my acura not moved with snow on it, so they opened a theft claim for my plates but closed it after they found em on my acura cause i took em off the civic b4 they got there and swaped em back.

week later the investigations r over cause they culdnt figure out wh ythe witnesses said it was a blue honda with my acura plates and my honda is black and i stored theh onda in my private garage out of town.

i ripped it apart and the headlights were smashed inside the casings, so i glued em all back together and put new bulbs and their running fine. they work and u cannot tell by looking at em heir broken or taped or glued inside.

the front lip wasn't touch its perfectly mint, no scratches or nothing. so i took it off and put it away until im done with the hood and lights.

so i put the lights in and everything fits perfect and works.

i took the hoodoff because that's what got dmged i dunno how the front skirt didint but anyway the hood is garbage.

all i need to replace is my hood everything else is fine.

in terms of my lights i can get them from dealer or use HID systes later in the summer when i save the money. for now i just need a hood to get the car back on the road because i have the cat put on and im rdy for etest then goto the mto to get it all legit.

i dunno which hood im looking for or what year to ask for cause ppl say some hoods wont fit or r different years etc. im trying to figureo ut which hood or which year/model to ask for so it fits mine when i goto the scrap yard.

also when i took off the front skirt i noticed that the meteal beam bar thats in front of the rad and rad support was previously cracked, so owner must have accidented before, so i took it off, im gonna repair it at a weld shop and polish it up and weld that back on as well.

the car as it sits now has a newly painted rad supper and everythings fine, the headlights are out and the hood is off. the rad is fine the lock mechanism is fine. but it seems to have cut the casing aroudn the cable, dunno if that happened in previous owners accident or mine,but anyway pics will be up soon as the car sits now.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok, lets see
Improperly registered, check
using plates for another car, check
hit and run, check

Do you have any idea how screwed you are if the cops figure this out? Don't drive stuff thats not fully licenced, registered and insured, you will usually get caught.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This was very irresponsible of you OP. I hope the person you t-boned wasn't injured. I am also going to quote your post.

aight well what happened is this:

Well i bought a 1996 civic si from a private sale, paid cash and when he transfered it to my name i sold the car to my mom for 1$ and re registered it in her name because my ins is ****ed, this is why myother car is parked in garage hehe.

So i put the car in her name and i was out getting things done im suposed to toe the car around and get the etest and safety etc etc done, but i havnt been toeing it, i put my other cars plates on it to get it around town for everything needed.

anyway using my other cars plates registered to my other car on my moms newly bought 1996 honda civic si , meanwhile this car the honda isnt certified or rdy for the road or safetied or insured etc.

So week goes by of me getting things done.

I got it safetied
I got it insured
I got it all fixed and ready to go, i went in for an ETEST was my final thing before i could goto ministry and get the car plated fully in her name and everything set and a new ownership because this one currently says unfit/unplated.

Turns out i have eveyrthing i need cept for my etest because it failed.. We inspect the problem and it turns out to be a hollowed out cat. previous owner hollowed the cat for more speed or w/e reason.

So i left there to go buy a new cat at the shop cross town.

I bought the cat and was on my way back to the shop to put it on and at my right of way at an intersection i start to go and some idiot runs the stop sign and i tbone him.. 3 witnesses got my plates on the honda , but these plates were registered to my acura.

what happened was i ran from the scene due to the fact not having ownership/fit for the road/plates etc, i wulda been ****ed cause i caused mad dmg on the cars passenger side door.

there was no truck involved i hit a car. the cops went to my place later that night after i put the plates back on my acura and found my acura not moved with snow on it, so they opened a theft claim for my plates but closed it after they found em on my acura cause i took em off the civic b4 they got there and swaped em back.

week later the investigations r over cause they culdnt figure out wh ythe witnesses said it was a blue honda with my acura plates and my honda is black and i stored theh onda in my private garage out of town.

i ripped it apart and the headlights were smashed inside the casings, so i glued em all back together and put new bulbs and their running fine. they work and u cannot tell by looking at em heir broken or taped or glued inside.

the front lip wasn't touch its perfectly mint, no scratches or nothing. so i took it off and put it away until im done with the hood and lights.

so i put the lights in and everything fits perfect and works.

i took the hoodoff because that's what got dmged i dunno how the front skirt didint but anyway the hood is garbage.

all i need to replace is my hood everything else is fine.

in terms of my lights i can get them from dealer or use HID systes later in the summer when i save the money. for now i just need a hood to get the car back on the road because i have the cat put on and im rdy for etest then goto the mto to get it all legit.

i dunno which hood im looking for or what year to ask for cause ppl say some hoods wont fit or r different years etc. im trying to figureo ut which hood or which year/model to ask for so it fits mine when i goto the scrap yard.

also when i took off the front skirt i noticed that the meteal beam bar thats in front of the rad and rad support was previously cracked, so owner must have accidented before, so i took it off, im gonna repair it at a weld shop and polish it up and weld that back on as well.

the car as it sits now has a newly painted rad supper and everythings fine, the headlights are out and the hood is off. the rad is fine the lock mechanism is fine. but it seems to have cut the casing aroudn the cable, dunno if that happened in previous owners accident or mine,but anyway pics will be up soon as the car sits now.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mcvtec
This was very irresponsible of you OP. I hope the person you t-boned wasn't injured. I am also going to quote your post.
nobody was injurered and it was her fault for cutting me off and going threw a stop sign it was a ****ing woman on the fone.

i was in process of getting the car done,

bashing on me is bullshit, people would have done the same in my situation, please dont quote my ****.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:50 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

nobody was injurered and it was her fault for cutting me off and going threw a stop sign it was a ****ing woman on the fone.
How do you know for sure? You admitted that you fled the scene. You say it was her fault, so why did you flee? You will get into MUCH more serious trouble if you get caught now.

bashing on me is bullshit, people would have done the same in my situation, please dont quote my ****.
Ironic you use the term "bashing". Acctually I feel most people wold not have done the same, because of something called "conscience".
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcvtec
Ironic you use the term "bashing". Acctually I feel most people wold not have done the same, because of something called "conscience".
yup. i would of stayed. if it was her fault then it was her fault. and what was the point in completely editing your post?
you removed everything.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you suck haha
Old 01-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its not like they would ticket you, if its the other persons fault, they problaly won't go looking for all your paper work. duh. her fault, she forks money to you.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

should this be reported to officials?
since it was a hit and run crime. with a unregistered, uninsured vehicle with plates that do no belong to it?
Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Unseen Racer
should this be reported to officials?
since it was a hit and run crime. with a unregistered, uninsured vehicle with plates that do no belong to it?

shut up it's none of your business quit trying to be a nark.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

poor judgement on the op
Old 01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was taslking to the cop there is confirmed no bad dmg and no1 hurt, i asked for a little help not a bunch of flames, quit trying to hurt me even more heh,
Old 01-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xsaxisx
shut up it's none of your business quit trying to be a nark.
shut the F*** up f***ing noob.
its a simple *** question you stupid piece of worthless ****.
go cut your wires off your ecu!