Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h2d how to ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h2d how to ?

i need to know how can i make h2d . i search much and did not find any post explain how to do it . all what i understand that i will make a adabter plate

so anyhelp will be great
Old 06-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h2d how to ? (hany)

PM EKforeverGUY, hes an H2d fanatic.
Some company (i forget offhand) makes the adapter plates and bolts so you can mate both an H block to a D tranny. I dont think (no offense) that you could possibly make one yourself unless you owned, or knew someone with a machine shop, and had enough time and money to mill one yourself.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I am working on this. I have already completed this and I am still working on the writeup.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PM EKforeverGUY, hes an H2d fanatic.
Some company (i forget offhand) makes the adapter plates and bolts so you can mate both an H block to a D tranny. I dont think (no offense) that you could possibly make one yourself unless you owned, or knew someone with a machine shop, and had enough time and money to mill one yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

EK Forever Guy isn't doing H2D, I am. The only completed H2D users on this site to my knowledge are Bisimoto (F2D), H2D, Redzcstandardhatch (F2D), myself.

There are a few in the works. Also you could very well make the adapter plates yourself. But where are you going to get the flywheel? Careful though. If you don't have it centered you'll destroy your engine and transmission bearings. The bisi kit is priced pretty fairly IMO. http://bisimoto.com for more info
Old 06-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: h2d how to ? (Bense)

&lt; h2b

Not h2d, I don't know squat about much else than h/f2b as it's the common one.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Re: h2d how to ? (ek forever guy)

so what about installing a h or f tranny in crx 1989 to can install the f2ob correctly ? what will be the problem
Old 06-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Ek Forever y0!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hany &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what about installing a h or f tranny in crx 1989 to can install the f2ob correctly ? what will be the problem </TD></TR></TABLE>

You'll need an adapter kit.

And unfortunately with the EF chassis you have some of the tightest clearances. The hood will need to be spaced about 3-4 inches.

the adapter kit is good for any H/F motors.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PM EKforeverGUY, hes an H2d fanatic.
Some company (i forget offhand) makes the adapter plates and bolts so you can mate both an H block to a D tranny. I dont think (no offense) that you could possibly make one yourself unless you owned, or knew someone with a machine shop, and had enough time and money to mill one yourself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's an H2B fanatic, H2D's really aren't popular, Bense is working on an F2D which is basically the same thing.

Though this was already answered .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hany &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what about installing a h or f tranny in crx 1989 to can install the f2ob correctly ? what will be the problem </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, this will be a problem, the '89-'91 CRX trannies were cable - to put this in ur car you're going to have to take all the hydro lines for the clutch out - and make it cable...it's moving backwards, most pple to cable to hydro conversions, I've seen a few pple do hydro to cable conversions, but it's stupid in my opinion. It's like converting your 4 wheel disk brakes - to drums in the back. ???? You'll have to use a '92-'95 Si trans or something - or break it down w/ custom ratios.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Go Tigers!

a cable trans doesn't have to worry about the pull style slave cylinder.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: h2d how to ? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No, this will be a problem, the '89-'91 CRX trannies were cable - to put this in ur car you're going to have to take all the hydro lines for the clutch out - and make it cable...it's moving backwards, most pple to cable to hydro conversions, I've seen a few pple do hydro to cable conversions, but it's stupid in my opinion. It's like converting your 4 wheel disk brakes - to drums in the back. ???? You'll have to use a '92-'95 Si trans or something - or break it down w/ custom ratios.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If he's going with h/f2b he'll have a hydro tranny. How is he going to remove his existing hydro components if the EF chassis was cable?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h2d how to ? (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If he's going with h/f2b he'll have a hydro tranny. How is he going to remove his existing hydro components if the EF chassis was cable? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, my bad, I didn't read any other posts except the ones I quoted - I didn't see it was going into a '89 CRX, thought it was going into a civic or something.

@ OP:
Sorry I jumped to this conclusion, I just assumed it was a '92-'00 because this is the '92-'00 forum, y'kno? (hint hint)

Yeah, it'll work fine w/ the adapter .
Old 06-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: h2d how to ? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sorry I jumped to this conclusion, I just assumed it was a '92-'00 because this is the '92-'00 forum, y'kno? (hint hint).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good point.

WTF is this doing in here?
Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: h2d how to ?

i need to know what is the idea of H2D to kan understand what you taking about.

does i need any part from h or f tranny to make h2d ?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Go Tigers!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hany &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i need to know what is the idea of H2D to kan understand what you taking about.

does i need any part from h or f tranny to make h2d ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

a good place to start would be the stickied H2B faq in the hybrid section. The swap is essentially the same concept.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:18 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Has anyone ventured into a b2d yet?
Old 06-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Go Tigers!

no, i don't think that it will be worth it but many disagree.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Bense)

i saw a guy on here who had something about b2d in his sig. I didn't check it out too much tho. He had one of the few high hp turbo d's. (500+)
Old 06-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: (thehatchninja)

his was a D2B though and that was rota92 his dad is some automobile engineer and they had one made.

The reason I don't like the idea of B2D is that
b-series engines are overpriced
f/h-series engines are underpriced

B2D is like F2D except you spend more and get less
Old 06-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Ek Forever y0!

I agree with bense, b2d sounds retarded. B series tranny's work fine.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:17 PM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

It may sound retarded at first, but lets think about this for a sec... what does an si or gsr tranny cost? $800? $900? $1000? Now go on craigslist and ill bet you find several z6 trannys for about $100 or less. Not to mention z6 trannys have bitchin gearing. Oh and how about a jdm d15b trans with lsd? around $500. Less than half the cost of a b series lsd trans. As b series trannys are sometimes hard to find, there are more d series trannys out there than anyone knows what to do with. To be perfectly honest, given a choice for my h22, I would probably go h2d before h2b. It would be nice to grenade a tranny and have that be only a minor $100 inconvenience rather than an $800 to $1000 hit. Now only people with 12 sec or better cars are welcome to reply to this comment JK... not really... ehh, kinda, but not really... I dont fing know.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am working on this. I have already completed this and I am still working on the writeup.

EK Forever Guy isn't doing H2D, I am. The only completed H2D users on this site to my knowledge are Bisimoto (F2D), H2D, Redzcstandardhatch (F2D), myself.

There are a few in the works. Also you could very well make the adapter plates yourself. But where are you going to get the flywheel? Careful though. If you don't have it centered you'll destroy your engine and transmission bearings. The bisi kit is priced pretty fairly IMO. http://bisimoto.com for more info</TD></TR></TABLE>

My honest mistake man, how could i forget you bense, lol your the Hybrid H guru
my bad , wont happen again.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: (oneludesol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneludesol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It may sound retarded at first, but lets think about this for a sec... what does an si or gsr tranny cost? $800? $900? $1000? Now go on craigslist and ill bet you find several z6 trannys for about $100 or less. Not to mention z6 trannys have bitchin gearing. Oh and how about a jdm d15b trans with lsd? around $500. Less than half the cost of a b series lsd trans. As b series trannys are sometimes hard to find, there are more d series trannys out there than anyone knows what to do with. To be perfectly honest, given a choice for my h22, I would probably go h2d before h2b. It would be nice to grenade a tranny and have that be only a minor $100 inconvenience rather than an $800 to $1000 hit. Now only people with 12 sec or better cars are welcome to reply to this comment JK... not really... ehh, kinda, but not really... I dont fing know. </TD></TR></TABLE>

are you ready to figure out what all it takes to make H2D work?

Here's what the H2D kit includes
adapter plate
flywheel
slave cylinder

as far as the driverside mount, the bolts, the modification of the block, the frame everything else is left up to the user to figure out and bisi isn't much of a help when it comes to this (no offense bisi)
Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

im sure the kit will be farther developed and then it will be gravy... H2b was the same story in the beginning, but as far as my logic in choosing d series trans, would you agree?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 AM
Go Tigers!

Default Re: (oneludesol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneludesol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as far as my logic in choosing d series trans, would you agree?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the reason I went H2D was because
1. I already built a d-series trans
2. h2d is cheaper than h2b
3. i wouldn't have wanted to go h2d with a stock D transmission. close ratio gears + z6 trans + obx lsd = price range of a used ITR trans.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Bense are you using a 3rd gen obx lsd? Or did you re-assemble yours?

I hear people are having a lot less trouble and like the 3rd gen LSD's a lot better.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Go Tigers!

i'm using a quaife. i should have gone with an obx though

Quick Reply: h2d how to ?