Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

H2B EK9 or EK REPLICA PROJECT

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2B EK9 or EK REPLICA PROJECT

Well i have my swap home and about to be sent out to the machine shop to begin building. How ever I know its definitely going into a EK hatch chassis. The thing is I have a thing for a CTR and I really don't know the process to get one here. Ive thought about going with a usdm ek and creating a ctr replica but ill be missing alot of good features like abs and traction control. anyways Im located in NYC and P.A. im wondering if anyone knows a shop or something that imports and registers jdm vehicles that i can get in contact with while i am building the swap.

Last edited by JDM809; 06-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: HEB EK9 or EK REPLICA PROJECT

it would be really cool to get, but unfortunetly they are hard and expensive to import...
maybe look into buying one that has already been imported? bad things is they dont come up for sale very often and when they do, you almost have to sell your left nut to get one lol.

if it were me id by a clip and convert it, just me tho.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HEB EK9 or EK REPLICA PROJECT

Originally Posted by 98civdx
it would be really cool to get, but unfortunetly they are hard and expensive to import...
maybe look into buying one that has already been imported? bad things is they dont come up for sale very often and when they do, you almost have to sell your left nut to get one lol.

if it were me id by a clip and convert it, just me tho.
sounds like a good idea would be alot cheaper also might look into that as well but ill also keep trying to find an original yellow ek9.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: H2B EK9 or EK REPLICA PROJECT

just saw one today at the ht meet in seatle on yellow volks!
it looked hella good and really stod out, we saw from the intereance to the place, and the car was hella far away.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought ctr's only came in champ white

but yellow is cool go for it let us know what you decide
Old 06-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they come in white, silver which by far is the rarest, black and yellow. ive always had a thing for a yellow one. ima keep trying maybe i can get my hands on on one. I know its expensive so my *** is saving as much as i can. pretty hard though paying for school loan and my motor build but luckily i've landed a great job as a gse mechanic at the airport bout 6 months ago now.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by fastrxu
I thought ctr's only came in champ white

but yellow is cool go for it let us know what you decide
I think it came in the same colors as the ITR
Personally, I like the yellow, champ white, while nice is overplayed and doesn't show the body lines as well
plus the EK9s' in Initial D Fourth stage were yellow and the color really caught my eye lame I know.
Also if I were you: H2B with ITB's and go rape with your displacement advantage!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by xxblazexx
I think it came in the same colors as the ITR
Personally, I like the yellow, champ white, while nice is overplayed and doesn't show the body lines as well
plus the EK9s' in Initial D Fourth stage were yellow and the color really caught my eye lame I know.
Also if I were you: H2B with ITB's and go rape with your displacement advantage!!!
sssh its a secret...lol... this is like a dream build ive been having since i first got in the game back in 8th grade well at that point it was no k series or h2b but as time progressed k and h2b came to be everyone is going for k but i believe h2b has alot of potential as well. right now im looking at a golden eagle manifold or itb's
Old 06-27-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JDM809
sssh its a secret...lol... this is like a dream build ive been having since i first got in the game back in 8th grade well at that point it was no k series or h2b but as time progressed k and h2b came to be everyone is going for k but i believe h2b has alot of potential as well. right now im looking at a golden eagle manifold or itb's
H2B ftw, nearly the same power as the K20 but pricing tilts in in favor of the h2b,
also nowadays everyone and their mom wants a k-swapped civic
also a H22 in a civic is relatively rare compared to the B-series and I like rare.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

H2B ftw, nearly the same power as the K20 but pricing tilts in in favor of the h2b,
also nowadays everyone and their mom wants a k-swapped civic
also a H22 in a civic is relatively rare compared to the B-series and I like rare.
you and i think very much alike i see.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by JDM809
you and i think very much alike i see.
What?
We wanna kick everyone's ****?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What?
We wanna kick everyone's ****?
idk about all that now. but yeah if anyone can help me out with some info on importers out here on the east coast id appreciate it. im hoping to be starting a build thread of my motor soon. so far i was able to get the tranny which my friend bought off some one and it has b16 1st 2nd, gsr 3rd 4th, jdm itr 5th and 4.7 final drive, kaaz lsd and carbon coated syncros.. i aqcquired the swap from my boy with the qsd kit and everything included because it was in his ek which he sold the shell. all he had on the motor was cooks headers, 70mm t/b and a intake, tuned gave him 191 whp and like 158 tq i was amazed at those number. never ran it at that track how ever.