Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h22civic owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22civic owners

hey guys i have a quick question before i do this to my car....i was planning to change my stock intake manifold into skunk2 intake mani and maybe while i am there i might as well to change the img gasket...just wondering which one is easier to do this because when i am looking at it, it seems like i dont have enough room to take the intake manifold out so maybe i will just pull the engine out and do it from there...so which one is less stress or work to do this mod
Old 12-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow lol if your replacing the mani the gasket will just slip off anyway. pulling the motor is deffinatly not needed. and no i dont have the H22 in my civic but this is somthing i do know
Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by SOHC_4dr
wow lol if your replacing the mani the gasket will just slip off anyway. pulling the motor is deffinatly not needed. and no i dont have the H22 in my civic but this is somthing i do know

yea because when i am looking at it, it seems that i dont have enough room to work on...+ the proportioning valve on the firewall is hard to get out...so either take the intake mani or drop the engine...well see

h22 civics where are you?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy had to bend his brake lines when he got put his h22 in his car, it has a skunk2 manifold.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never had mine off while in the car.. I agree it's really really close to the firewall.. You could probably just unbolt that rear engine mount and jack the engine so you get that extra inch or so. Thats what I would do, but what to I know. Someone is bound to post a reply after me that says "DEFINITELY DON'T DO THAT IT'S WRONG YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND IT WON'T WORK" or something haha.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have an awesome idea.take the t mount bracket off,front tranny bracket and the ac bracket or bolt off.loosen the left and right mounts and have some one swing the engine in a way that u can get clearence to take the intake mani off.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by punkinbeck
I never had mine off while in the car.. I agree it's really really close to the firewall.. You could probably just unbolt that rear engine mount and jack the engine so you get that extra inch or so. Thats what I would do, but what to I know. Someone is bound to post a reply after me that says "DEFINITELY DON'T DO THAT IT'S WRONG YOU'RE AN IDIOT AND IT WON'T WORK" or something haha.
yeah u can probably do that too.
ps:i dont have a h22 in my civic too but ls is a pretty big motor too so i get wat ur saying.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bro my brother has h22 accord and when we turbocharged his car we took it to a local performence shop and they cut a inch off it and welded it on aigan right in the middle of the runners

yall might say that it was dumb but the car broke 500whp john at lht did all the work on it but my brother sent to block to get build somewhere i really dont know im a all motor person and hes a turbo guy(my brother) and hes also using a skunk2 manifold on the h22 accord right now
Old 12-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bossm
bro my brother has h22 accord and when we turbocharged his car we took it to a local performence shop and they cut a inch off it and welded it on aigan right in the middle of the runners

yall might say that it was dumb but the car broke 500whp john at lht did all the work on it but my brother sent to block to get build somewhere i really dont know im a all motor person and hes a turbo guy(my brother) and hes also using a skunk2 manifold on the h22 accord right now
Wait.. So you're comparing your brothers accord with a civic with an h22??.. Accords have the clearance between the intake manifold and the firewall so what exactly are you trying to say? Cut an inch out of the manifold while it's on the car? Yea you could do that.. You could also try to loosen your lug nuts with a crescent wrench if you really wanted to...
Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bossm

and by the way.. The fact that your brother cut an inch off of his manifold has nothing to do with the fact that this motor is making 500 WHP..