Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   H22a swap in ek wiring (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/h22a-swap-ek-wiring-3336044/)

H22hatch402 04-15-2019 07:29 AM

H22a swap in ek wiring

Ok I have a an ek hatch and I’m doing an h22a swap. What connectors do I have to change since the car is obd2 and h22 is obd1?

JRCivic1 04-15-2019 08:40 PM

Re: H22a swap in ek wiring

The simple answer: Injector clips, distributor plugs, IAT, alternator control plug and add the VTEC wiring. You will have to lengthen and shorten some wiring even though the plug style is the same. You can however, use a 5G set of Prelude fuel injectors and they will be "plug-n-play" with your EK hatch engine harness... and you COULD keep your IAT sensor in the inlet pipe instead of changing the plug and connecting it to the IAT sensor in the Intake Manifold, although this will not work as well when using an OBD-1 style ECU.

In closing... there are MANY ways to properly make this combination work. Wiring changes and component changes WILL work, so there is no SINGLE answer to your question.

H22hatch402 04-18-2019 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 (Post 51910996)
The simple answer: Injector clips, distributor plugs, IAT, alternator control plug and add the VTEC wiring. You will have to lengthen and shorten some wiring even though the plug style is the same. You can however, use a 5G set of Prelude fuel injectors and they will be "plug-n-play" with your EK hatch engine harness... and you COULD keep your IAT sensor in the inlet pipe instead of changing the plug and connecting it to the IAT sensor in the Intake Manifold, although this will not work as well when using an OBD-1 style ECU.

In closing... there are MANY ways to properly make this combination work. Wiring changes and component changes WILL work, so there is no SINGLE answer to your question.

H22hatch402 04-18-2019 05:38 AM

Do you know on how to wire a resistor box by any chance also the injectors

JRCivic1 04-18-2019 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by H22hatch402 (Post 51912672)
Do you know on how to wire a resistor box by any chance also the injectors

Yes, simply remove the four yellow/black injector 12V+ wires from the junction plugs under the intake manifold and insert them into a plug that matches the one on the resistor box. The single remaining wire from the resistor box should be inserted into one of the previously vacated injector wire holes in the junction plug... then the resistor box is connected. Bolt it up to a boss under the intake manifold. You will then need to change the injector clips for the OBD-0 style Prelude injectors.