Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

H22a injector wiring?? HELP..

Old 11-19-2003, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22a injector wiring?? HELP..

I have an H22 hatch in process.. Ok, here's my problem... Every time we try and start the car it sounds like it wants to start, but nothing.. We wired up the resistor box, and I THINK we have it right.. We took of the fuel rail and try to see if gas shoots out and nothing... We sprayed starter fluid in the throttle and it turned on like for 3 sec, then shuts off... I dont know what it can be.. But a guy we know was telling us to check a relay that sends gas to the fuel pump.? But what do you guys think it is? The wiring of the Resistor box? Or ... Whut? .. Anything would help.. Let me know........
Old 11-19-2003, 10:48 PM

Default Re: H22a injector wiring?? HELP.. (Eg_Hatch)

do you hear the fuel pump?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Re: H22a injector wiring?? HELP.. (H22ek4)

I heard it several times.. When we wired up the resistor box, you can hear like a noise, now nothing.... Thats what were trying to figure out ??? I know it has to do something with the fuel system..
Old 11-20-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Re: H22a injector wiring?? HELP.. (Eg_Hatch)

Anybody else know what the problem can be? Anything will be appreciated.....
Old 11-21-2003, 06:19 PM

Default Re: H22a injector wiring?? HELP.. (H22ek4)

?
Old 11-21-2003, 07:43 PM

i wish you were local to me. having done h22 swaps a few times i have had to diagnose all kinds of wierd things such as this. from having been thru that i know that there are many possibilites that can cause the car not to start or run correctly and how to fix them, but i need the car in front of me.

if your totaly confident its somewhere mechanically in the fuel system or in the fuel system wiring, you need to do a step by step process of elimination.

first you make sure the pump is coming on. if you dont know how to tell for sure, take the feed or return line off and put it into a jar or something and just turn the key to the on position for a couple seconds and then turn it back off. if the jar doesnt have a lot of fuel in it, then your pump is dead or there is something restricting the flow like a nasty fuel line kink or a hardcore clogged filter... neither are likely, its probably the fuel pump.

from there you need to make sure your injectors are firing. there are lots of ways to tell but the simpliest for someone that isnt around cars all day... remove the spark plugs and put them off to the side somewhere that the spark can or cannot ground to something that is safe. you dont want to arc a spark by the fuel that is about to happen. then you can go back in your car and crank the engine for a couple seconds. have someone around that can go up to the engine immediatly after you stop cranking and can see if you can smell fuel in the cylinders. if there is no fuel your injector wiring is screwed. if there is fuel and its still not running, then you probably wired it all screwy and they arent firing in the right order or correctly... another wiring issue. i have also had a bad ECU happen to me once, we put in a 92-95 ECU and the car fired right up.

there can be so many things that could have been done wrong that would prevent the engine from starting and/or running correctly. but you need to have a process of elimination. start with the fuel system, then move on to the ignition system, then move on to mechanical issues. another common problem is not having proper engine grounds. this can cause all kinds of wierd problems.

-charles
Old 11-22-2003, 07:32 PM

Default Re: (mister2racer)

we did that, and nothing... No gas.. Is it th wiring or the fuel pump relay might be bad?? Anyone??