Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h22 wiring & troubleshooting for my eg6

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 wiring & troubleshooting for my eg6

Ok. so I bought this car about 6 months ago and still can't seem to get it running right. I bought it from some kid who had no idea what he was doing. It's a 94 hatch with a rhd conversion. The indash wiring is jdm eg6 and the engine harness is an si i believe. Is there a way to tell?

H22a--p13ecu (i know p28 is 10x better but im trying to get it bar'd)

I opened the ecu and it has a burnt spot on a piece by the pins. Look like a 3 small black tower area

I have a jumpy idle up and down from 1k to 1500k rpm. when gets warm.

No check engine light unless I drive a lot and it's a code 12, egr lift sensor. So I cleaned egr after replacing a couple, checked wiring for continuity and it's good. Is it possible that the egr control solenoid is bad from the junk yard? car when hot runs like crap when check engine light is on.

no vtec btw!!! wiring checks out good, and oil pan is not dented, solenoid is clean, clean oil, idk!!! I have not changed the thermostat, could that be a possibilty?? Or is it because the dumb p13 ecu is so tempermental?

Knock sensor is wired up & working, iacv is wired correctly, same with iat, etc... the only sensor that's not wired up for some reason is the evap purge solenoid valve. I need to add a plug and run it to my ecu.. ecu pins is empty where it's suppose to be.

I have a 2wire connector underneath my intake manifold ( colors are pink and black ) I tested continuity from it and does not go to the ecu idk??? I'm lost.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get this right. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 wiring & troubleshooting for my eg6

Old 12-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your ECU is burnt, then you probably need a new one.

The Pink and Black wires likely go to the IAB.

I don't know enough about the EGR system to give a definite answer, but I would wire up the purge solenoid valve and see if that fixes the problem (you should wire it up regardless).

Are you sure the VTEC solenoid and pressure switch are wired up properly, as well as the ground for the pressure switch?

Does your engine harness look flipped upside down or anything, seeing as how the Si harness is for a LHD car?
Old 12-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've checked the continuity for the vtec wires from the ecu to the solenoid and it's good. I did the pressure switch as well and it's good. The ground I have not done yet but i will, it's a multiple ground set-up going to the thermostat housing with like 4 black wires and a brown wire. The oil sensor on the block by the oil filter is new and wired up correctly. Could it possibly be a bad solenoid or just my ecu? I'm guessing the ecu. If i used a stock p28 would it work for an h22 set-up? I know it will not nearly have it's potential because of a 1.6 single cam but will vtec work and drive ok until i can get it chipped? What chip is best to use for an h22?

The pink and black wires that I found go to the driver side firewall on a lhd car (checking continuity) then i could not get a signal from anywhere else!!! not the ecu where I would imagine it would go to!!!.

For being a stock si harness should'nt it already have a connector for the evap purge solenoid? I think it should. I was thinking of getting a different si engine harness and start off from scratch. Or should i just pull the engine harness off the car and look at everything? I can't tell of the harness if it's been flipped or anything so I'm better off pulling it off to see everything.

The iab and evap purge solenoid both need to be wired so I wil get on that.