Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

H22 SWAP WIRING TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 SWAP WIRING TROUBLE

okay guys im having trouble and i used search and found some info but i dont' get what they are saying...ok im doing a h22a1 swap in a 97 coupe ex.....i extend the o2, change from obd2 to obd1 injectors clips,and extended my alternator wire...here is my trouble, the motor came with a external coil..i dont' want to buy a new jdm one so how do you use the one i got now...this is what i did to mine according to the search, from the coil there is three wires...yellow, black/yellow, and blue,,,i hook the yellow(coil) to the black/yellow on the distributor, then i hook the blue(coil) wire to the green on the distributor, now there is one left the black/yellow one(coil)..they say to hook that to a power source, my question is, where is the power source? is that negative or postive? please help, i need this swap done.. and doing this do i need a resistor or something? oh yea can i use a 91 civic map sensor for this swap? or does it have to be a accord or prelude..
Old 11-06-2005, 11:59 PM

anyone out there know this?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 SWAP WIRING TROUBLE (gsr9ek6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr9ek6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">okay guys im having trouble and i used search and found some info but i dont' get what they are saying...ok im doing a h22a1 swap in a 97 coupe ex.....i extend the o2, change from obd2 to obd1 injectors clips,and extended my alternator wire...here is my trouble, the motor came with a external coil..i dont' want to buy a new jdm one so how do you use the one i got now...this is what i did to mine according to the search, from the coil there is three wires...yellow, black/yellow, and blue,,,i hook the yellow(coil) to the black/yellow on the distributor, then i hook the blue(coil) wire to the green on the distributor, now there is one left the black/yellow one(coil)..they say to hook that to a power source, my question is, where is the power source? is that negative or postive? please help, i need this swap done.. and doing this do i need a resistor or something? oh yea can i use a 91 civic map sensor for this swap? or does it have to be a accord or prelude..</TD></TR></TABLE>

the resistors are for the injectors.

i forgot the wire color off the top of my head, but its one of the power wires that go to the dizzy. just match'em up on the wiring diagram.

idunno what the 91 civic map sensor looks like so i cant say. but i do know an accord and prelude map sensor is the same

if you got more questions then ask'em in the hybrid section