Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

h22 swap into fully tucked shaved eg dx hatch help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 swap into fully tucked shaved eg dx hatch help!!

alright new to this whole honda tech thing but im doin turbo h22 into dx hatch and kinda wondering a few things. ok
so 1 . do i need to cut /move any mounts (after i buy hasport mounts) and what do i do about where the alt sits? will it be in the way? any help im thankful im not a dumb *** with hondas just new to doin h swap my self. pics of mounts in car and alt placement would be nice, thanks
Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h22 swap into fully tucked shaved eg dx hatch help!!

You need to cut the transmission side bracket completely off the frame. It's just held on by spot welds, so it's not too bad to remove. Unfortunately I don't have any decent pic of the alternator placement, but there may be some issues. My friend has a Drag turbo kit, and it only allows enough clearance for a 2.5" downpipe, unless he finds a way to custom fabricate a 3" one to fit. Of course he also has the cast iron log manifold that came with the kit also, so I'm not sure if something like a tubular ram horn would cause a clearance issue as well. I'll see if I can get him to send me some pics in the next few days of it, but he's using a HCP mount kit so it's a different transmission side mount than the Hasport one.