Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   H22 civic lowering spring question (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/h22-civic-lowering-spring-question-2773906/)

k24CivicHatch 05-09-2010 06:51 PM

H22 civic lowering spring question

I am putting a h22a in my 95 honda civic VX and going to have an integra suspension, what inch drop should i get on lowering springs wiht kyb gr2 struts? I wanted to know because of the weight of the h22. I dont want it to be too low so that i dont drag the oil pan off, would like the car to sit right above the tires maybe tucking a little bit, gonna be putting on 15 inch rotas as well

chinochanginc 05-09-2010 06:52 PM

Re: H22 civic lowering spring question

the h isnt that much heavier than the stock motor.. its the placement of the motor in the bay that affects your handling. I would get some adjustable coil overs, with custom spring rates.. ( example: ground control); as for your shocks.. gr2's are oem replacements eventually on lowering springs they will blow.

98civdx 05-09-2010 06:54 PM

Dont bother lowering with gr2's, they will blow.
What's the budget,and what is the primary use of the car?

k24CivicHatch 05-09-2010 06:58 PM

its gonna be my dd, i really dont wanna spend a load on coilovers when im not slamming the car, i see no point in it, i just want to be a bit lower, i dont want my oil pan to get messed up, i know the struts/springs will not help the handling because of the h22, i was referring to the fact the h22 is so low to the ground

CivicSpoon 05-09-2010 07:16 PM

My friend has Progress Technology H-series Swap springs on his car (can't remember if he has adjustable KYB or Tokico shocks though). It's a nice ride, and doesn't lower it too much. It handles better than my stock CX (before my suspension went bad).

k24CivicHatch 05-09-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by CivicSpoon (Post 42426495)
My friend has Progress Technology H-series Swap springs on his car (can't remember if he has adjustable KYB or Tokico shocks though). It's a nice ride, and doesn't lower it too much. It handles better than my stock CX (before my suspension went bad).

thanks for letting me know about these i think ima get them

red Teggie 05-09-2010 07:41 PM

Just in case you decide to spend a bit more, you might wanna consider progress CS II coilovers. I recently installed them on my H22 93 CX, and it handles quite nice while handling bumps nicely. A little stiffer than stock, but pretty comfortable, and way better than some of other affordable ones I've seen.
Hondamarketplace has them for $580 shipped, I think.
You can find them a bit cheaper though. I got my set from robear racing for $500+shipping.

k24CivicHatch 05-09-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by red Teggie (Post 42426714)
Just in case you decide to spend a bit more, you might wanna consider progress CS II coilovers. I recently installed them on my H22 93 CX, and it handles quite nice while handling bumps nicely. A little stiffer than stock, but pretty comfortable, and way better than some of other affordable ones I've seen.
Hondamarketplace has them for $580 shipped, I think.
You can find them a bit cheaper though. I got my set from robear racing for $500+shipping.

Thanks, ima go check these out, i think im likin the whole progress lowering spring made for h swaps only tho