Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

H-Motors - Still a reputable engine supplier?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H-Motors - Still a reputable engine supplier?

hmotors is a great place. got my b16 from there. it was clean as new and everything was in good shape. driven it hard plenty of times and still runs fine.

i'll get my next motor from them too if it doesn't come in the car already.

as for the one crybaby. ITS A WARRANTY. if your a half hour out they aren't going to give it to you. and usually a part lasts until right after the warranty is up. no one would make money if you gave everyone that was a few days out a warranty still. its business suck it up and deal with it.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks thats y you find a cheap motor locally and just rebuild it yourself for the price they charge you
Old 08-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got my Gsr from them 2 weeks ago picked up locally very clean engine all the sensors where there none broken. got it runing with out a problem
Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Big ups to steve great place to but parts
Old 10-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im trying to get some info on a motor that I purchased. Dont have the order number.. But have Name,Shipper address, Billed to, Tracking number, Shipping reciepts... But they cant find my order.... Was told I would get a call back. But its been 2 days already. I dont know why it would take 2 days to pull up an order. Other than that the motor runs great. Just want to get sonme documentation on the motor. Would like to have on hand ya kno ? =\
Old 10-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Trial User

i think its best that u rebulit ur own motors n that way u will know its gonna run fine
Old 10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My b16 I ordered from them a few years back was amazingly clean and ran great. I'd order from them again in a heartbeat. One of my axles was bad but Steve offered to replace it, **** happens. I didn't want to wait so I bought a new one instead. Great guy, great company. No complaints.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by S2kxtc
Im trying to get some info on a motor that I purchased. Dont have the order number.. But have Name,Shipper address, Billed to, Tracking number, Shipping reciepts... But they cant find my order.... Was told I would get a call back. But its been 2 days already. I dont know why it would take 2 days to pull up an order. Other than that the motor runs great. Just want to get sonme documentation on the motor. Would like to have on hand ya kno ? =\
Any advise guys? I called them yesterday and funny thing is.. They said they called the shipping company and gave them all the information I gave them.. And they told me " the shipping company doesnt keep records past a year" .. Although it has been past a year.. I hang up with Hmotors. and call EDI Express myself.. And they pull up the Order just FINE.. They were able to tell me what the package was "MOTOR Engine" and supply me a new tracking number I didnt have before.. I feel like HMotors is giving me the run around. and yes I agree with some people on here that say "They talk to you like you dont know ****"

Not sure who I talked to but im going to call back again today and def get a name, But so far they try and make you feel like a little *** kid who doesnt know anything. And why can I call the shipping company and get info just like that and they say they cant find anything.

There should be no reason why They cant pull up my order with the documentation I have..

There any REPS on here from HMotots? I dont seem to be getting any help from the guys in the store. and this is hendering me from selling the car..
Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Colonel Cake Mix

I'm sure they really dont wanna take the time to go through their records and find your order and then get the information you are asking for. If there isnt anything wrong with your motor you really shouldnt be worried about it. I'm not saying that what they are doing/have done is correct, but they most likely have bigger fish to fry.

How is this hindering you from selling your car exactly. And what documentation are you looking for exactly?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ima guess he's lookin for a bill of sale.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe next time when it comes to your house SAVE THE ONE THATS ON IT! jeez. don't bash a company because your an idiot. and if you read this thread you'd know to ask for steve as soon as you call.

how does it hinder the selling of your car. ive never had to have documentation of anything for selling a car. unless the buyer really really really wants it. in which id tell him to get lost.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by acake em1
I'm sure they really dont wanna take the time to go through their records and find your order and then get the information you are asking for. If there isnt anything wrong with your motor you really shouldnt be worried about it. I'm not saying that what they are doing/have done is correct, but they most likely have bigger fish to fry.

How is this hindering you from selling your car exactly. And what documentation are you looking for exactly?
Yes I completely understand. but I mean I am the customer, and for what line of business there in im sure theres work arounds to find documentation on what they sold. Espically for what type on business there in. (Selling motors) they gotta have their own back.

I just need documentation of what the milage is on the motor when it was sold. and god forbid someone looses there bill of sale, or forgets there email account info and so forth.

I mean ive offered to give them all the information I have. and they jut say "Without and order number I cant pull up your order"
I just find it hard to believe that the order number is the only solution for pulling up a record.. Ive said hey i got shipping reciepts, shipping numbers (Pickup) and Tracking number. Name, address, zip, dates, hard copy of all reciepts other than bill of sale. I mean wouldnt you think something on there will suffice??
Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red_Army
maybe next time when it comes to your house SAVE THE ONE THATS ON IT! jeez. don't bash a company because your an idiot. and if you read this thread you'd know to ask for steve as soon as you call.

how does it hinder the selling of your car. ive never had to have documentation of anything for selling a car. unless the buyer really really really wants it. in which id tell him to get lost.
well if you tell people who want documentation on the car to get lost, then your not someone most people would want to buy a car from.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Red_Army

Im not bashing the company. I just feel like they dont want to do anything to help me out. The only answer Im getting is "I cant find anything unless you have the order number" I understand for privacy reasons ect that may be the only means of looking up a order. But **** man people loose stuff from time to time.. and all the other information i have sould suffice

I mean the motor runs great no problems at all. Just would like to have the documentatry on hand instead of guess how much miles im putting on the car.. and im sure it will only take a flick of their finger to find it in there system.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jimster480
well if you tell people who want documentation on the car to get lost, then your not someone most people would want to buy a car from.
Exactly.. who wants to buy a car with someone sayin "Yeah motors been replaced. the OD is off but i promise you it only has 20xxx on it"..

any sane person would need to see documentary.

Last edited by S2kxtc; 10-06-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

I see what you are asking for and that's a pretty reasonable request and something that needs to be documented by the owner
IMO and also a very valuable piece of info. I would make another effort and ask for Steve. Simply state that u wanted to know the original mileage on the motor and see where that gets you. If nothing, the motor prolly came with less than 30k.

Good Luck man
Old 07-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there any way to tell for sure what kind of mileage came/comes on the motor you purchase via Hmotors? I mean, is there a VIN or another number stamped on the block or anything that you can trace back through the DMV or something and see the last reported mileage or anything like that? Just curious, especially since Hmotors seems to stock a lot of motors that haven't been produced in 10+ years at this point.... for example, I'm trying to maybe buy an H22A4 from them for my Prelude. But I want to know for sure that if they say it has 45,000 miles, it has 45,000 miles.

And yea, I'll keep any records documenting that lol
Old 07-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PreClude
Is there any way to tell for sure what kind of mileage came/comes on the motor you purchase via Hmotors? I mean, is there a VIN or another number stamped on the block or anything that you can trace back through the DMV or something and see the last reported mileage or anything like that? Just curious, especially since Hmotors seems to stock a lot of motors that haven't been produced in 10+ years at this point.... for example, I'm trying to maybe buy an H22A4 from them for my Prelude. But I want to know for sure that if they say it has 45,000 miles, it has 45,000 miles.

And yea, I'll keep any records documenting that lol
first i dont think they sale h22a4(USDM) only jdm h22a... but i purchased a h22a from hmotors a couple months agoand i dont regret it... most of there motor if not all are jdm and they do not have a vin plate(jdm motor dont have vin plates on motors just seral numbers) my motor was super clean top end and bottom end was golden no burn marks... hmotors is a excellent company and gurantee everything they sell it worth the money and u wont be disappointed trust me
Old 07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went there a couple months ago to pick up my 2000 b20b (clean and ran amazing btw) and some guys were there all the way from vegas. One picked up a crx SIR cluster with only 14,000km on it!! And they took it directly off the front clip. Clean motors and parts with low miles . And steve hooks it up
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95EG2
first i dont think they sale h22a4(USDM) only jdm h22a... but i purchased a h22a from hmotors a couple months agoand i dont regret it... most of there motor if not all are jdm and they do not have a vin plate(jdm motor dont have vin plates on motors just seral numbers) my motor was super clean top end and bottom end was golden no burn marks... hmotors is a excellent company and gurantee everything they sell it worth the money and u wont be disappointed trust me
That's not the point though. I don't dispute their reputability at all. But no amount of praise for them is going to give me a piece of paper or a number or something to use to trace back and find out how many miles were/are on the motor exactly. I am not going to buy a motor that supposedly has 45,000 miles when in fact it might actually have 100,000. How am I supposed to know FOR SURE? That's what I'm asking.

Also, I talked to Steve on the phone today. He has plenty of H22A1 and H22A4 motors, USDM. OBD1 and OBD2. Or I could get the Accord Euro Type R H22 motor or whatever, but that's like $1000 more and not worth the extra 20hp lol