Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD

I took this post from another site. I always thought HMOTORSonline was a good company from what ive heard. After reading this post, i kinda get scared away from them.

http://forums.clubsi.com/showf...art=1

I guess ill get it somewhere else.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (SRSNOS)

They are a good company, that guy is just a whiner.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:51 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (fowleryo)

Haha, fowler is everywhere yo!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (Nikos)

my brother ordered a motor from them and recieved on time as said
hmotorsonline from me
Old 07-16-2003, 12:06 PM

im hoping for the best... just ordered my h22 from them last week.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:09 PM

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (midorigreen)

Hmmmmm... I rarely hear bad things about them. This is the worst case I have heard.

I really doubt Steve is that bad to deal with, I have talked to him a couple of times and seems like a straight up guy. This is just my experience....
Old 07-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (Magnaflow)

They screwed my zip code up which in turn took my jdm steering wheel a week longer with 2 day shipping to get to my house....thank god it wasnt important that it get here on time or worse yet if i would have went with ground shipping
Old 07-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from my experience with him, I think he's weaksauce. Too small of a company to deal with IMO.

Importautosalvage.com was 100% great. Not one complaint from anyone about service. You get what you pay for.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:31 PM
big strong guy

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (digitalBEEF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by digitalBEEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Importautosalvage.com was 100% great. Not one complaint from anyone about service. You get what you pay for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have been Fucked Over by Import Auto Salvage (Larry Jr.) before, But you dont see me Bitching!

Eric
Old 07-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (rainmanEK)

Never had a bad experience with HMO...ever. Me and two other friends have all made large purchases from Steve at HMO and have ALWAYS got our stuff on time (maybe a little late in some cases...but nothing to complain about) and have never been screwed over by HMO at all. HMO gets nothing but from me.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:29 PM

Bastard, you made me click a csi link.

I think posts like that need to be made though. People need to be informed of good and bad experiences with business'. If I'm paying over $500 for an item, I want to make sure it's in good condition and everything is like it should be.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (Trial User)

I had a great experience with Hmotorsonline. Steve is a good guy and even threw in the stock airbox and knocked the residential freight fee off of my shipping. He gets from me.

BTW, the motor I got looked like new inside and out.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (hatchdrvr)

There are mixed opinions on HMO. Some like them sone don't.

I like IAS. My swap was complete as they come
Old 07-16-2003, 05:11 PM

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (Hybrid93Hatch)

I like IAS, and plan to get a swap from them. I'm in GA, and they're in NC. HMO is somewhere on the West Coast I believe .... too far for me to be comfortable.

If you have a bad experience, please post more info than just ..... "I got fucked over y0!"

Bad mouthing a company on this web site is almost enough to make or break them. i.e. jdmclub.com

Edit after reading the clubsi post: How can you guys blame the kid who posted. Do you think he's lying or something??? I don't see how you can trash him and/or talk about him. He's just giving you HIS experience. You may have had a different experience with HMO but don't get pissed at the kid for HIS experience. Just my $.02
Old 07-16-2003, 05:12 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dood that was a clubsi.com ***** , hmotorsonline is good
Old 07-16-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (TURSpoonEK)

ugh that guys sounds like a whiner..he knew he didnt like the place but went back anyways..looks like he was gonna whine no matter what happened...anyways..i ordered 2 motors from them and it was all good..steve is a really nice guy..
Old 07-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

steve is a good guy thats where i get most of my parts to hmo
Old 07-16-2003, 05:39 PM

Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (drvfast)

HMO is good in my book.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD (rainmanEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rainmanEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have been Fucked Over by Import Auto Salvage (Larry Jr.) before, But you dont see me Bitching!

Eric </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd like to hear about this as it's only the second complaint I've EVER heard about them, and the first one was a mix-up, not any sort of rip-off.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:09 PM

just got a motor from them in yesterday, looks great everything is intact. only problem was the freight company that shipped it, those guys are idiots
Old 07-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are mixed opinions on HMO. Some like them sone don't.

I like IAS. My swap was complete as they come </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think IAS will always give you good products....at a LOT more expensive price....
HMO did me very well. IAS wanted 1500 MORE for the same engine
5000 for 98 itr(HMO) or 6500 for a 98 itr (IAS). i coulda drove to ias and picked it up myself, but i had HMO ship my engine accross the US

that guy is a total retard. i bet he expects all the used engines to be all perfectly clean and ****. i made a trip to HMO's shop while visiting home. All his engines look very legit and complete. i mean they guy is buying a complete engine for 500 and he is still whining? gay
Old 07-16-2003, 06:21 PM

hmm?thats strange I had no problem what so ever back when I purchased from them(good customer service).but I guess every buisness has there flaws.where would you rather go to osaka?(no bashing them I just hear really bad stories about them)I have heard nothing but good from IAS.
I also think that you shouldnt really expect So much from some of these older motors.I mean some of these engines are over 10 years old.There is no reason why it should coolant in the engine tho.I still give HMO
Old 07-16-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Re: (hardcorepreston)

No problems that Steve couldn't fix. He's a good guy if your straight up with him. Don't beat around the bush. Call and order what u want. I asked him if he had any front clips. He told me he had a clip with 34,680 miles. He packaged the motor that day, I overnighted the money and bam. 2 weeks later my b18c is at my job. here she is not the greatest pics, but I'll have more up later.

Old 07-16-2003, 07:31 PM

Default Re: (bobbysteelz)

I believe h-motors has a very good reputation on here but from time to time things will go wrong. Remember they are located in the U.S. so if you get screwed you can always sue.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:44 PM
ninjaMONKEY

Default Re: (bobbysteelz)

Quote from clubSi.com:
" Let me tell you about my experience...

I figured I'd try them out since they are the closest engine supplier to my house. The experience wasn't good. Steve (the owner) is a total *******, sorry to say. I went down there to pick up a zc not too long ago and it was a disaster. I wanted to look through the engines to pick out a good one, and he had a problem with that. I didn't give a **** and went back there anyway. I told him I'm not paying over $500 to get some kinda mystery motor. So I go back there and most of the engines I see are trashed. Nasty looking ****, even lots of the b-series I saw. So I finally find a decent looking zc except it was missing the distributor, plug wires, coolant temp sensor, the tps was smashed to ****, crank pully was all chipped, and some other small BS. This was the nicest one they had. I pulled the dip stick and nothing registered so I asked Steve about it and he told me that they drain the oil when they recieve the engines. So I thought nothing of it. The next thing I know the dude is trying to load it in my truck. I'm like hold on, you guys gotta replace the missing/broken parts. They didn't want to do it. Finally after I bitched some more they were willing to replace the parts (with a healthy dose of attitude.) They expected me to pay full price for the engine how it sat. WTF do they think I am, an idiot? So I spent another hour there while they found parts off the other trashed zcs to make me one good one. I was so pissed at this point that we just wanted to get home. We finally got the engine home and started prepping it for the swap. I pulled the drain bolt from the oil pan and here's what we found inside....

I didn't give a **** and went back there anyway
which makes sense cause you work there or own the place right?

$500 to get some kinda mystery motor
There are accessories that cost more then $500. Lets not be stupid ur not exactly a high priority for someone as busy as him.

engines I see are trashed. Nasty looking ****
I've been to his shop many times and you are referring to engines that he hasn't cleaned yet cause they aren't purchased.

zc except it was missing the distributor, plug wires, coolant temp sensor, the tps was smashed to ****, crank pully was all chipped, and some other small BS
When I pick-up motors from him and there are sensors broken or pieces missing he removes parts from non-purchased motors.

Steve (the owner) is a total *******
How was the *******? A busy man at his place of business? Or a punk who can't wait 15-20 mins for personal assistance. Due to insurance and liability issues customers are technically not allowed in the warehouse area of his shop. He lets people who aren't complete tards to enter.

The bottom line is you have no idea what he has to do in a day or the things he goes through. The fact that you are a total ignorant ***, in my opinion, gives him the right to treat you the way he did, if thats exactly what went down. Steve doesn't post on-line so he has no chance to defend himself. I guess its up to loyal very satisfied customers like myself to let you know how things are. Also how we respect and appreciate a motor seller as customer service oriented/minded as HMO (Steve).

Quick Reply: H MOTORS ONLINE = BAD