Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 11:19 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night?

i seen one run where u ran a 15.3 did u run any better? i also seen alot of people talkign to u about your car... i was in my friends white a2 jetta w/ black rims, ran 13.4 last night
Old 09-20-2001, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (flex97itr)

Yeah, I'm not a pro yet....the track is a new thing to me.

I have alot of problems getting traction, alot of wheelspin in 1st and 2nd. I guess I need some practice

My last run was 14.9 @94.5, a little better I guess. I should be doing much better soon though, I'm getting JUN everything put in very soon, hopefully next week. I thought it would be this week but, I guess It takes a while for that stuff to get here

Maybe I'll see ya at the track next time, and maybe I can try and keep up with that 13.4

JK man.....

Peace,
Miguel
Old 09-20-2001, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (Spoon EJ)

Hehe, thanks man. I hope so.

I haven't been to Atco since the very begining of the season
I didn't even bring my car when I went. I'll definately go there before the season is over I'll shoot you a IM when I go.

Peace,
Miguel
Old 09-20-2001, 08:04 PM
Trial User

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (SIINSI)

i dunno bout beating the vw... cause the vw gonna be doing mid 12's all motor soon.. the reason he was running low 13's was becasue of his chip, it was for a lower duration cam and would die out really early where his higher duration cams would create more power... and not give him enough fuel so it would lean out =\ hopefully next time out we see... yea i noticed u got alot of wheel spin, if u can getyour hands on some gs-r's with slicks or street slicks u'll be good with that and try launching in vtec bro, believe me it'll help and slip the **** outta that clutch, only way to run good times
Old 09-21-2001, 03:59 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (flex97itr)

hey flex, launch in vtec? how do you do that? wire up 12v+ right to the solenoid? lol, i'm just messing with you. it's funny when people say that.
Old 09-22-2001, 01:53 AM
New User

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (rodney)

Hey good idea he is new to running his car so lets start a post and give him the ! thats lame! Man when i first started i was not very good at running! it takes Practice! ALOT of Practice man! SIINSI dont let people bug you about what you run, Its about improvin your skill at the track and having Fun! Thats what i like to do, HAVE FUN.

SIINSI; Email me man i am thinking about starting a Website for Eks and Ek Tuning If you want to be featured Let me know. Your car is off the hook!
Old 09-22-2001, 05:46 AM

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (FormNFunctionEK)

Yes, I'm all about bad runs. First time up, when I dropped the clutch, it popped out of first. Everyone laughed at me...plus I had the gayest helmet on. I have sworn never to go back to the track.

I can't pull better than 15.3 in a gsr/ek. I'm a loser.
Old 09-22-2001, 06:24 AM
Trial User

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (FormNFunctionEK)

first of all i wasn't trying to bash him... i put there cause it was a bad time, not saying that the car is slow or he can't drive... believe me we've all had bad runs with our cars
Old 09-22-2001, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks FormNFunctionEK, yep... I need practice. I am still learning how to properly set up the car for the track too. I was told I need to adjust my suspension a bit cuz, I have the back seated to low. Most of my problem is during takeoff, I usually have a great RT, last run that night was .507 but I get ALOT of spin.

I need to find the sweet spot in my clutch I guess and how to properly ride it out. Some new tires wouldn't hurt either In time I'll get better. Also, I was told that I was shifting too late. I was shift at 9000 every shift. Someone told me the ITR cams don't make power after 8500 or so.

All in all, I need practice The car itself is GREAT and is only getting better. So....It's just me

Do you have a website already? If so, link me! I'll shoot you an email man.

You can email me at nycmad@si.rr.com

Peace,
Miguel
Old 09-22-2001, 01:00 PM
New User

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (SIINSI)

Oh man the 85-8600 thing i think is true i have a EK with a GS-R motor and spinning just is a park of having power and a good clutch! Im sure you will learn man. I did!

The site is kinda in the workx as far as a EK site! but soon i will know whats going on!

I Ek's
Old 09-23-2001, 11:14 AM
RJL
New User

getting jun stuff...(Type III)? If so u better think about about getting JDM ITR pistons (11:1) compression. If you dont already have it. I have JUNIII in my GSR and i definitly needed more compression, due to the fact that at top end on JUN III cams they bleed off compression. But i got CTR pistons which will be going in this thursday. JUN III cams with the right setup can hit 195-210 at the wheel.
Old 09-23-2001, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (Badboy01GSR)

Yep BadBoy, my engine is JDM ITR........I'll be real happy with 195-210
I'm getting the JUN ECU, JUN Header, JUN Clutch and JUN Ultra Light Flywheel as well.

Miguel
Old 09-23-2001, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bwahahah that is sooo ****** miguels name... hey whats up guy who bought SHENGS hatchback... haha ****** faded sauce miguel... i learned im sure all of my cohorts will as well.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (137)

Well, they don't know me....therefore they don't know my name

If they said, the guy with the black hatch, that probably wouldn't work!

Time to adjust my sig I think......LOL

Miguel

[Modified by SIINSI, 10:53 PM 9/23/2001]
Old 09-23-2001, 02:06 PM
RJL
New User

actually,u dont need the jun ecu, if u have a jdm ecu, the fuel and ignition maps are different than the usdm map. The JDm map works perectly with JUN cams
Old 09-23-2001, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (Badboy01GSR)

Too late already bought it But yes, right now I have the JDM ITR ECU.

Thanks for the info

Miguel
Old 09-23-2001, 02:58 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Well someone certainly sold you the bill of goods. $$$ Bling Bling! Ouch.
Old 09-24-2001, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: the guy that bought shengs civic... what u run at etown last night? (SkyeC)

last time i remember, didnt the ek have a turbo kit on it ...wait
nevermind it was the green ek