Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.)

whats up guys im just trying to see if anyone would be interested in some carbon fiber interior blockoff's for eg chassis only.(maybe other chassis as well but mainly eg)

i know alot of people will flame this because they have diffrent opinions then me but whatever.

ill be selling them for $25.00 shipped for radio, climate control, or optional pocket blockoff's....will have pics up later on after i see how many people would want to buy one.

if you can think of anything else you might want blocked off just post it in here.

i will only be able to make so many so if you would be interested in buying one please say so other wise you might miss out!
Old 01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (Ronin Panda)

****, for 25 bucks I would be willing to bet there would be a huge interest in this.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:27 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (Ricey McRicerton)

i hope so....i know ill be using the carbon fiber eg radio blockoff since i dont like having a stereo in my car

i might also make some flat panels to mount an ecu on for people who just leave the ecu on the floor(like me)with some non slip rubber feet on the bottom so the ecu dosent slide around when driving but thats just an idea and i might only make the ecu mount for my car
Old 01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (Ronin Panda)

If the ecu gets relocated, it would probably be best if it mounts somewhere, instead of just non-slip feet.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the ecu gets relocated, it would probably be best if it mounts somewhere, instead of just non-slip feet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i thought of that too but if you just lay it on the floor instead of where it mounts up from the factory it cant really slide all over the place it limited to where it goes cause it plugged in..so if it has non stick feet or even velco on the bottom it wont move(ive had my ecu on a non slip mat for a while and it has never slid)
Old 01-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Think about our pot holes out here.... i have spare change jump around in my car Its not so much the sliding i worry about as it is the bouncing and "flying"
Old 01-09-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Think about our pot holes out here.... i have spare change jump around in my car Its not so much the sliding i worry about as it is the bouncing and "flying"</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm good point..ill have to wait on the ecu mounting plate until i can actually find a quality way to mount so its solid ...thanks for bringing up good points
Old 01-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be interested as well.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (JDMH22HATCH)

cool at least there is some people interested
Old 01-09-2004, 03:59 PM

anyone else?
Old 01-09-2004, 04:03 PM

pics
Old 01-09-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (Campee)

pics will be up in a week or so
Old 01-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be interested in that ecu mounting thing as well if you make it.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (Noe Kozz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noe Kozz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd be interested in that ecu mounting thing as well if you make it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good to know

like isaid ill have pics in about a week of some prototype parts made to fit my eg..once they are tweaked to near perfection ill make as many as i can and start selling them
Old 01-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't just let the ECU sit anywhere. There's too many wires and power routing in and out of it to not properly secure it to something.. Too fragile of components to not mount it to something.

And, if it's cheap and carbon, someone will buy it.. period..
Old 01-09-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Re: (Hater)

many good points from a guy named Hater

i had the same thought when i made this thread.

i still have to rethink the ecu mounting plate..but first i have to get my car out of storage and im waitin on the carbon fiber...right now im just trying to see if there is a demand for radio blockoffs, and ecu mounting plates for the eg chassis...(originally i just wanted to make them for my car but i thought it would be cool to make a handfull of them and sell to cut down cost
Old 01-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ronin Panda)

I would be interested in a carbon ECU cover.. rather than that brass thing..
Old 01-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd be down for a radio block off and pass. airbag block off for $25 each!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 07:12 PM

Default Re: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.) (shakedown94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shakedown94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd be down for a radio block off and pass. airbag block off for $25 each!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha a passanger airbag blockoff is alot bigger then a radio blockoff..no way am i making or charging 25 bucks for it...just flat panels
Old 01-09-2004, 07:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would be interested in a carbon ECU cover.. rather than that brass thing.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i might actually be able to make one of these....if its a flat panel
Old 01-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Three flat panels, with 4 L shaped brackets from the hardware store and some holes/screws/rivets would do me just fine..

I just think that brass thing, even if it's covered with carpet, is ******* nasty..
Old 01-09-2004, 07:45 PM
New User

im really interested in seeing pictures of all the items you plan on sellings
Old 01-09-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: (2.0 EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0 EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im really interested in seeing pictures of all the items you plan on sellings </TD></TR></TABLE>

ill take pictures in about a week

i was lookin at my ecu and it would be pretty easy to make a ecu top plate to replace the gold oem plate...im not sure how to make the corners strong enough to withstand the stress of screws holding them down the screw holes are close to the edge so i think i might have to let some carbon hang over the edge a bit...
Old 01-10-2004, 10:56 AM

up
Old 01-10-2004, 10:59 AM

got some pics?

Quick Reply: guaging interest: carbon fiber blockoff's(radio,climate control,etc. etc.)