Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR vs ITR? yes no why

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR vs ITR? yes no why

Got quick questions,
1) Does the USDM shifter work with a GSR shift linkcage?
2) Any better filling with this?

Im not buying it a friend is going to give it to me and i wanted to know the feeling before hand. Thanks.

I did some search and ppl kept saying summin about the counter weight ball. cant rememeber which one has it or not.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR vs ITR? yes no why

yes the shifter would work.. and what filling?

if u mean feeling? with the ITR shifter? its a dual bend i believe.. but so is the gsr.

the counter weight ball (for my sk2) shifter at least makes it heavier, and when you have a weighted **** it makes the shifting smoother.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no the gsr shifter isnt a dual bend the ITR is.. the diffrences between the two are the ITR-thicker linkage (heaiver and stronger) the pivot points are spaced farther (shorter throw for the shift) and dual bend shifter (puts the shifter in a better position)
GSR-not as think (not as heavy or strong) the pivot points are closer ("longer" throw but still deicent) and single bend (still good but not as good)

i have used both and im in love with my ITR shift linkage it just looks alot better i picked mine up for around 120-130 and its worth it.. honstly it feels better then the skunk2 shifter and its a honda part (i love using oem parts cause there made by honda)
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My GSR linkage and shifter feel short throw to me. compared to civic ex/si. and i used to have a B&M shifter aswell and to me it feels pretty close to the same throw.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Murk 'EM
no the gsr shifter isnt a dual bend the ITR is.. the diffrences between the two are the ITR-thicker linkage (heaiver and stronger) the pivot points are spaced farther (shorter throw for the shift) and dual bend shifter (puts the shifter in a better position)
GSR-not as think (not as heavy or strong) the pivot points are closer ("longer" throw but still deicent) and single bend (still good but not as good)

i have used both and im in love with my ITR shift linkage it just looks alot better i picked mine up for around 120-130 and its worth it.. honstly it feels better then the skunk2 shifter and its a honda part (i love using oem parts cause there made by honda)
wow, good info I did not know that! I thought the only difference were the colors (itr gold, gsr black) lol.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait so the gsr shifter isnt a dual bend? are you sure on this? because I changed my friends rubber bushings for stiffer ones on his shift linkage. I believe the part of the gsr having a longer throw but are you sure its a single bend?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The GSR has a dual bend and I'm not buying the whole weight and thickness stuff until someone takes pictures with a ruler or caliper.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thumper64
The GSR has a dual bend and I'm not buying the whole weight and thickness stuff until someone takes pictures with a ruler or caliper.
I knew it because both of my friends have a gsr shifter and it both has a dual bend on it... but that other guy seemed so sure that the gsr has 1 bend but I didnt believe it was true
Old 08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wait... newb question can I put a GSR shifter in my EK to get a shorter throw rather than buying a short throw?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you have a b series engine?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Thizzed Out
Do you have a b series engine?
not at the moment but a ITR B18c will be going in there
Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the linkage will not work with your current d16.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well it depends on what year gsr you have then becaue i have gsr linkage sitting in my garage and itr on my car right now and the gsr is a single bend i ran down stairs in my garage and looked for this thread because i wasnt sure but stock gsr linkage from a 97 is only single bend and from a 99 itr its dual bend ill try and take pics of both using something to compair the size later this afternoon
Old 08-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

no the gsr shifter isnt a dual bend the ITR is.
No!! not true

Lets clear some things up!!

I have both a gsr and and itr shift at home. They are both are dual bend, and look identical with the exception of the color. The gsr is painted black, the itr is chrome.

Either of is an awesome upgrade in an EK. I had a gsr shifter in my 96 civic hatch....it was perfect imo

here's a pic of the itr, ignor the other items....the gsr looks the "same" but in black

Here's a pic of a stock integra shifter- notice the dual bend...not sure why people say its not, cause there it is people

Last edited by Deetz; 08-15-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ great stuff
Old 08-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Holi ***** guys thanks for the answers... So I'll be able to fit itr shifter in gsr linkage. I'm getting my buddies kuz ha head bought a hurts shifter. I was reading around and aparentlg the its linkage is crome or bronze for the jdm itr but the usdm is black. Do you recomend to get new bushings for my newtome shifter?