Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR Swaybar on 97 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR Swaybar on 97 Coupe

Finally finished the install of my friends old GSR swaybar onto my 97 HX. I'll post some pics of what we had to do to install it when I get home. Just wanted to post the results for now.
Took it out to the autox on Sunday, the track was slick so it wasn't really a great test of what it will do in ordinary conditions, but I noticed, for the first time ever in my car, oversteer! Thats right under moderate trail braking I finally was able to point the nose of my car where I wanted to go, and it actually went there. It's just right I think, didn't take away any stability in the slalom, but helps on tight turns. I was very happy with the outcome, as I figured it wouldn't really do anything.

The whole thing cost under $15 too
GSR swaybar - free from friend that upgraded to type-r
Broken Si endlinks - $10 (welded back together)
misc nuts and bolts from home depot - $4

Anyway, just letting you all know in case someone else was thinking of doing this. The install wasn't that simple since the GSR bar and Si endlinks weren't meant to be together, but ghetto rigging, as always, saved the day.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:46 PM
EK22snatch

Default Re: GSR Swaybar on 97 Coupe (jolt-tsp)

not to jack your thread, but i was looking at getting ek9SI sway bars as a set (front and rear) for 200$. do you think thats a good deal?? or should i go with a different sway bar setup. i want rigid ones, but dont wanna pay double for em really unless they make a day/night difference.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR Swaybar on 97 Coupe (EK22snatch)

Go ahead and jack it, I never got the pictures put on, so its pretty useless anyway

Seems like a lot for bars for me. I'd start with just the rear and see if that makes your handling sufficient. I have my stock front bar right now, and it seems just about perfect with the gsr rear.