Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

gsr swapped into 93 civic cx

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr swapped into 93 civic cx

ok i didnt do the swap yet but im planning to do it. i need to know after the job is finished and the car is running correct. i plan to add headers, hi flow cat, cat-back exhaust, cai, cams, short shifter and a street series clutch and maybe a LSD. what do i get for the car do i buy gsr type parts or civic cx parts? i know i made this unclear but if u understand please post replies.

and just in case can somebody post up what i need to swap a gsr into a civic
Old 01-15-2006, 12:36 AM

Default Re: gsr swapped into 93 civic cx (LuE630)

I think im understanding what your saying. After you have the GSR in you are going to want to buy gsr parts for it. And (somone correct me if im wrong) but if you do the swamp right the trans should already have a lsd in it...... right? But too save you alittle money on the exhaust buy a nice set of headers then buy and elctronic dump so that you dont have to buy the high-flow cat, or cat back you just hit a switch and your dumping it right out your downpipe. So therefore you can drive around at near stock sound and when you need that extra power (or fell the need to frighten small children) you hit the dump. Also gives you a nice sleeper appeal if thats your thing. Just my 2 cents

As far as the write up on parts you need top rigth hand corner of this page theres the search link witch well tell you more then you will ever need or want to know about your gsr swamp. Good luck and safe driving!

Jason
Old 01-15-2006, 01:55 AM

Default Re: gsr swapped into 93 civic cx (itsover)

<U>"After you have the GSR in you are going to want to buy gsr parts for it. And (somone correct me if im wrong) but if you do the swamp right the trans should already have a lsd in it...... right?"</U>
Yes they are LSD if u buy a JDM GS-R but if its a b18c1 usdm then no it will not have LSD. and the short shifter i belive u will have to buy one for a CX and same fore the cat-back exhaust along with the converter but u dont even need one lol. but the cams and the headers and the intake and stuff like that u will have to buy it for a GS-R w/e year the GS-R is coming from.
To put a GS-R in a civic i kno u need stronger motor mounts, u need axles,u need a new throttle cable because the GS-R comes with the upside down manifold,i think u will need a new shift linkage. and im not sure what else my buddy but one in his 93 civic coupe but im not really sure about wat all he needed but those are some of the minor things.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Everything connected to your engine is going to have to be parts for a GS-R including the short shifter.. It connects to the engine. You are going to have to have B series shift linkage... B18c1 B16, B18 something like that there is a big difference without this linkage your swap will not work.. therefore if you have B series linkage and the shifter is connected to the linkage then you will need a B series short shifter.

In my opinion having the same set up that you are going for the stock GSR shifter feels great and is much shorter then the stock CX shifter you will not need to swap it. Makes your tranny last longer if you dont anyways.

My other opinion about the electronic cutout would be its a bad idea. Your car will be crazy loud and doing this would only be best on a turbo setup and would sound as shitty.. running str8 header on a b series motor is obscenely loud and disgusting.

I know your new itsover so its all good and you seem really interested in the new honda fad that you have recently came into.. good luck with everything the both of you.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Re: (pane93civhb)

i was thinkin about keepin a stock gsr tranny cuz it cheaper and more durable, but i just want a nice sleeper civic. its funny cuz i own a vw jetta and they are slow as **** and bought a cx and i love it already. i cant wait to hook up my civic and **** on all the vw's in my town.

wait do u think that all the parts that i listed will be able to beat a gti vr6. i think vr6's are over rated.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:50 PM

Out of every

Default Re: gsr swapped into 93 civic cx (LuE630)

okay stock gsr in a cx (2nd lightest car that honda manafactured) can beat alot of cars. you will kill vr6's! trust me i have jdm gsr in my del sol(roughly 300 lbs heavier than your cx) with just bolt ons and i run a 14.7 at the track (same as type r) with 14's w/non z rated tires or drags. im guarenteeing low 14's for you.. trust me! you wont waste your gas on crappy vw's.

things you need for the swap:
b18 shift linkage
motor mounts (for the swap of course)
ecu
axels
wiring for the vtech and knock sensor

and no need for a new throttle cable.. so dont buy that! your stock one will fit

i think thats it... good luck
Old 01-16-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: gsr swapped into 93 civic cx (e gee two)

If herd a few gsr's running out of the headers and athough they did sound alittle.... shity, the whole point of the elctronic dump is that you only have it open when you need to. So sure somone might say that sounds like ****, but you wont hear um. lol.