Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Gsr swap slight problems help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gsr swap slight problems help.

Ok well I finally sorted out the VSS problem. It was the damm plug. So now its up and running good,except when is vtec suppose to engage? Also I fell a weird lag of response from the engine when I punch it. My D feels faster.LoL. Also my rpm doesn't read right when I accelerate. It goes all over the place. Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gsr swap slight problems help. (mortificationrock)

do you have any check engine lights? did you do a compression test on each cylinder?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gsr swap slight problems help. (raidacaipo)

Nope. No Cel's. And no haven't done a compresiion test. Quick Q also how can you tell if a engine would be stolen? Just curious......cuz I've never been in this B-series thing.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the ID tags are ground off.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gsr swap slight problems help. (alphalanos)

What ID? The tranny has none. It has a JDM tranny so no vin......and as for ID I don't know what you mean by that?
Old 09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its is a jdm tranny you should be able to tell if they took the vins off or not.. the jdm holes for the tags are smaller while the usdm ones are larger. also some may try and file down the numbers under b18c which will indicate that its stolen. If I were you Id try to get reciepts or have the vins checked. how? I dont know.. lol
Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TTT
Old 09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raidacaipo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its is a jdm tranny you should be able to tell if they took the vins off or not.. the jdm holes for the tags are smaller while the usdm ones are larger. also some may try and file down the numbers under b18c which will indicate that its stolen. If I were you Id try to get reciepts or have the vins checked. how? I dont know.. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well like I said.....the tranny doesn't have any holes for a VIN. From what I've heard JDM Trannies don't come with Vin's
Old 09-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well like I said.....the tranny doesn't have any holes for a VIN. From what I've heard JDM Trannies don't come with Vin's</TD></TR></TABLE>
wait then it might be an older model tranny. usually those dont come with the holes for the tags. instead they come with a sticker. yours dont have a sticker on it? then it might be stolen or it fell off..either way it looks bad if a cop pulls you over.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raidacaipo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
wait then it might be an older model tranny. usually those dont come with the holes for the tags. instead they come with a sticker. yours dont have a sticker on it? then it might be stolen or it fell off..either way it looks bad if a cop pulls you over.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no jdm transmissions from what i have seen have no vin, in a tag or sticker form no vin.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gsr swap slight problems help. (.Grimace)

I have a jdm gsr motor. The tranny has the sticker with the numbers on the tranny and holes for the tags.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:15 AM

Wow I see this thread turing into another, "I got pulled and the cops think my engine and tranny are stolen" lol. Honestly, I don't know how to get that fixed, but a friend of mine had that same problem, and his turned out to be something simple so you should stress it too much.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bbandco_keevee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bbandco_keevee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow I see this thread turing into another, "I got pulled and the cops think my engine and tranny are stolen" lol. Honestly, I don't know how to get that fixed, but a friend of mine had that same problem, and his turned out to be something simple so you should stress it too much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well that's cuz you aint in cali.LoL.....cops.....I mean pigs are punks here. They mess with you for the hell of it. Here Police are no longer a manner of security but .....a money making Business. When something goes down they are no where to be found but to pull you over and just harass you they are all over the place.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mortificationrock)

yup.. people who dont live in cali just dont understand.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (raidacaipo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raidacaipo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup.. people who dont live in cali just dont understand. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No I don't. If I get pulled over the officer just asks for my licence, insurance and registration. Sometimes i'll get asked how fast I was going, thats about it, they absolutely will not ever ask you to pop your hood, not that it would matter, no emissions testing, no engine swap laws. Most of the time if you get pulled over for something like exhaust too loud or tint, lights, etc they just give you a warning. In this one sense I really love new brunswick, on the other hand cars don't really rust in california so its kind of a toss up.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:24 PM

I understand but that sucks for you guys! My engine has no vin, tranny has no sticker. It's legit and law enforcement here could care less! Downpipe and all they don't say anything. Got to love the midwest. I drove my hatch Cerritos, CA and got pulled over, gotta love the CHiPs, I was from out of state and they gave me a warning that I shouldn't have a car like that in their state. xD
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bbandco_keevee)

lol I drive cerritos all the time but I make sure its only to cerritos mall or something by exiting the 605 n right away. LOL... yeah but we are constantly on our tip toes.. plus you need proof of a receipt with u at aLL times! just like a insurance. cuz if you dont have proof then they will impound your **** and you will get it back with what ever they can get you for..