Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR swap, OBD 1, ECU jump shorted out, chipped P28

Old 04-25-2019, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default GSR swap, OBD 1, ECU jump shorted out, chipped P28

So yeah. I think I shorted out my Blue ECU jumper cables. I forgot to take the paper clip out and started my car. Drove it a few miles to autozone to get a new part and then I noticed the check engine light came off. I checked the ECU and saw I left the paper clip in. I replaced the part not thinking anything of it. Car was running fine until I started getting bad TPS symptoms.

I bought a new TPS. Car runs great now, but the check engine light is on and the paper clip method doesnít work.

Im thinking I should just remove the wires from the harness, and rewriting it myself straight from the harness... Iíll probably do this next weekend. Any advice before I start hacking up my harness?

Last edited by WillMuniz83; 04-25-2019 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Autocorrect hates me
Old 04-25-2019, 02:49 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Default Re: GSR swap, OBD 1, ECU jump shorted out, chipped P28

find out the issue before making more of a headache of the situation.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's the problem. I can't. I shorted out the ECU jumper so I cant pull engine codes off the CEL anymore...
Old 04-26-2019, 02:28 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

nothing happened to the jumper wires. Use another compatible ECU and go from there.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The jumper just grounds one of the ECU pins (the other wire in the jumper is the green/white sensor ground). You can backprobe the pin to see if it is being grounded when you put the jumper in. With the jumper out the voltage should be about 5 volts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: